“Excellent food and service”

St. Clair Winery & Bistro
Ranked #2 of 382 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: St Clair Winery & Bistro brings French country cuisine and award winning New Mexico wines to a comfortable bistro setting. Outdoor patios are also available, making your dining experience one-of-a-kind. Enjoy a glass of refreshing wine while you listen to live music Friday and Saturday evenings. We Cater! Large Party Options: Pickup, Delivery, On-Site Catering, and Off-site Catering available.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Our dining experience at St. Clair was exceptional. The wines were exclusive, the food well prepared and presented in a lovely way and the serve staff were at the top of their game.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Had a great experience for lunch as we were traveling and stopped for lunch. The onion soup was fantastic, but if you are afraid of cheese, avoid the onion soup, cause there's a bunch in there. Bought some wine to bring home and it was wonderful, and was bought on just the recommendation. very nice place that seemed to attract many locals, which is always a good sign, I think.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I stopped in at St. Clair on our way through Las Cruces. First we sat at the bar and did a wine tasting. The winery has a large selection of wines, something for everyone and the server was very knowledgable and able to select great wine based on what we liked. After the tasting, we stayed for lunch. We got the portabello mushroom and bison deconstructed burger on a kale salad with a side of sweet potato fries. Being a vegetarian and a meat eater, it was the perfect dish and portion to split between the two of us. This was a fantastic little bistro and would definitely stop in here the next time were in town.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I've heard it said that if you want a good steak go to a steak house...if you want good seafood go to a seafood house. My point is St. Clair is a winery that makes and sells good wine but their restaurant experience leaves a lot to be desired. The atmosphere was very nice but the service was not. Too many servers running around not really knowing what they're doing. Sort of the chicken with its head cut off. My wife ordered the rib eye steak which was tough. I ordered the sea bass with mashed potatoes and received a very small portion of frozen over cooked fish and got rice instead of the potatoes. I asked for a second glass of wine and received it when we were ready for the check. The wait staff do not take your plates when you are finished...instead they have buss boys going around with buss tubs like in Denny's or a NYC diner. They set the buss tub in the chair and when they pick it up they don't wipe the dirty wet spot from the chair. I noticed several people having to wait to be seated since their chair seats were dirty. All in all, this place needs to stick with wine making and leave the food service to someone such as De La Vega's Pecan Grill up the road who has a fine establishment.

StClairBistro, Guest Relations Manager at St. Clair Winery & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

We are sorry your dining experience did not meet your expectation. We are confident we can use this information to improve. If you can, please provide us with some further information; what date and time did you visit? At what temperature was your rib-eye cooked? Did a manager visit your table? Please send information to comments@stclairwinery.com

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Loved the variety of food and kudos to the chef! We had a spicy pasta and I love the idea that you could have a half order of pasta, as I get older I can't eat as much as I use to eat.