“Delicious food in the middle of the desert”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of lamy station cafe - CLOSED

lamy station cafe
Cuisines: American
Description: This restaurant is located in an old dining car next to the train station in Lamy, New Mexico. It serves meals to those arriving on Amtrak and the Santa Fe Southern Railway Scenic Day Train which runs from Santa Fe to Lamy and back.
globeseeker007
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,142 helpful votes
“Delicious food in the middle of the desert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2010

We took the Santa Fe tourist train out to Lamy. The train station in Lamy resembles something out of a western movie and Amtrak stops there. In Lamy, we stayed long enough to eat. The only place to eat in Lamy is the Lamy Station Cafe but you really wouldn't want to eat any place else once you've eaten there. It is located in an old dining car which has been renovated into a restaurant. I expected some tasteless buffet but was pleasantly surprised when my wife and I walked in. It was tastefully decorated and the tables were draped with nice tablecloths. The menu has around ten items on it. We ordered the ziti pasta with spinach, mushrooms, leeks, tomato, and gruyere cheese. It came with garlic bread. This has to be one of the most delicious pasta meals that we have ever eaten. It was baked and very tasty and I have no doubt that the other meals were also. It was so good that if I'm ever back in Santa Fe, I'll take the drive out to Lamy for lunch.

2 Thank globeseeker007