“Hands down--best place to stay in the Jemez Springs area!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jemez Springs
Canon del Rio Retreat & Spa
San Antonio, Texas
“Hands down--best place to stay in the Jemez Springs area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Canon del Rio is a peaceful, serene bed and breakfast in the Jemez Springs area. We loved how all the rooms opened to a central court yard. There is also a pool and a separate hot tub. Both have a great view of the mountains directly behind the property. There is a nice walking trail on the property that leads down to the river. Chairs are placed at several places along the river so that you can sit and see/hear the rushing water. You can also get massages and other spa treatments right at the inn. Breakfast was delicious both mornings and the owners were friendly and helpful. I did not see any other places in the area that had all this to offer--and at such reasonable rates. This is a good, centrally located base from which to explore the many sites in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dodger5862

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

We enjoyed the beautiful setting, rooms, and breakfast at the stunning Canon del Rio Spa. One of the best parts of the stay were the massages we had with Megan. Her technique and knowledge were excellent and both my husband and I were pain and aches free for days afterwards. We wish we lived closer to New Mexico so we could available ourselves of this inn and Megan's ministrations. Try to go to this delightful place in Jemez Springs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelCouple53
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

This B&B had everything I was hoping for and more. It is right on the river so one can happily spend the day without ever leaving the premises. The rooms were airy, spacious, clean, comfortable and classy. Nothing potpourri about this B&B! The food was first rate and I was thrilled that my dietary issues were respected. The extra something that can't be rated was the personality and character of the owners; I feel I've met friends for life. Go and visit for yourself. I promise you will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Robin R
Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is a hidden treasure.... I had no idea how beautiful the area is and how wonderful Canon del Rio is. Everyone who works there is friendly and helpful. The breakfast was sumptuous every day.We enjoyed the Jacuzzi in the evenings as the sun went down. And the patio in the center of the building was delightful and gave us a cozy feeling of home. The only thing I recommend if you visit the area is to bring some food and snacks with you as there is currently no good restaurant to eat in the area. You won't go hungry but there is no quality restaurant around.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Helena B
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

Two years running, Canon del Rio has made our anniversary an unforgettable experience. The secluded location is perfect for getting away, yet we're never too far from something to do. The breakfasts are absolutely amazing, and the hosts make us feel like family. We really love having the spa on site, meaning we can go straight from the massage to a nap. We can't wait to go back next year and the year after that.

• Stayed June 2014
new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Came here for a couple of days before a conference in Santa Fe. I was very stressed and needed to decompress. This was the perfect place for it. Very relaxing and very beautiful. My room was lovely. It opened onto a beautiful courtyard and was right next to the hot tub. The views of the Mesa were breathtaking. Dagna was a wonderful host and cook. I was also very struck by her eye for design. The rooms and the lobby were just beautiful! Filled with local crafts and what appeared to be her own collection of Native American art. I found myself looking at the art on the walls of my room and in the hallways as if I was in a museum. But it wasn't a museum. It was a very homey, comfortable place. No cell service. No tv. Limited wifi. Just what I needed! Great hiking and hot springs nearby. Great massage in the spa. I will definitely be visiting again when I need an escape from my stressful life to a happy place.

Room Tip: All of the rooms looked beautiful.