“Canon Del Rio was great - Mark F.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jemez Springs
Canon del Rio Retreat & Spa
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Canon Del Rio was great - Mark F.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed at Canon del Rio on March 16th. We stayed in the Navajo room. The entire experience was wonderful. It was so relaxing and fun. The breakfast was incredible and the hospitality was second to none. We will be going back often. This place is a real gem and we can't wait to return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Brook Park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Beautiful setting in the Jemez mountains. Delightful couple who run the Canon del Rio. They were very helpful with all our questions. Comfy room. Unfortunately we did not have time to take advantage of the spa or massage.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Very comfortable B & B run by friendly couple. Excellent breakfast! Lounge/common area with fireplace is very nice. Room (Zuni) was small, but adequate. Hot tub was great, even in February. Rooms have in floor heating, which was cozy. An added bonus is all the New Mexico and Native American art displayed and for sale around the building and in the rooms.
We seemed to have trouble getting hot water in the shower in the evening, we got some warm, then cold, then warm again.
Loved the central courtyard, all the rooms open onto the courtyard and small patios.

Room Tip: Zuni room is closest to hot tub and farthest from common areas.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Alamos, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed her for a quick overnight just to get away from it all. We enjoyed ourselves so much that I am already looking for a time for us to go back for the entire weekend. From the first moment that we walked in the door, we felt so comfortable and pampered. While the bed was a little too firm for my ideal, my husband loved it. Breakfast the next day was amazing and I am still thinking about the chocolate chip mini cakes with strawberry syrup. There is only one restaurant in town for dinner and while the food was good, the restaurant was filthy. Next time, we'll probably plan a picnic or have dinner in Los Alamos.

Room Tip: The Apache room is one of 2 with a king size bed but is very close to the common area. We could hea...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

A wonderful get away not far from Albuquerque. Definetly recharged my batteries and had a cozy time with a new friend. There is not one thing that I would change. Good hosts, good food, in a lovely setting. Do not miss this one!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Needed some serious "me" time and found exactly what I was looking for at this establishment. Restful, relaxing, satisfying on many levels. Since I was traveling alone this time, I chose the Hopi room and found it to be just right, including a sound sleep (I want the same mattress for home!). The ambience of the great room left me with a relaxed environment in which to read and enjoy the fire and unwind. The added benefit of having an on-site spa, which I took advantage of, was icing on the cake; and the range of spa treatments offered should satisfy just about most anyone's preferences. Breakfast...ah yes...both days I was treated to a delicious variety of breakfast fare and left the table completely satiated. Bottom line...thank you to the proprietors, Dagna and John, for a wonderful stay--it was my first, and I plan to return. P.S. I chose this B&B based on my own research, including on-line reviews of fellow travelers, and my limited knowledge of the area from a day visit over a decade ago, and not from word of mouth. It met my list of amenities provided so I thought I'd give it a try. Note, however, that choice establishments for lunch and dinner are few and far between in this area so do a little homework and be prepared. Also, if you are into vineyards, the Ponderosa Winery, which is nearby, is worth a visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kathleen A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Canon del Rio offers world class service in the magical landscape of the Jemez mountains. The ambience stirs the imagination. Dagna and John made us feel pampered with a cozy fire in the fireplace on arrival and a to-die-for breakfast. The beautiful Native-American themed rooms are inviting and cozy. The spa area invites indulgence. The hot tub is surrounded by the lush garden and the river is a short walk away. The views of the canon walls are breathtaking. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Saveur L

Been to Canon del Rio Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!