Canon del Rio Retreat & Spa
Hyatt.com
$100
$64
$64
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshot tubjemez mountainsnavajo roomnew mexicobreakfast was deliciousgreat hikingcommon roomkoi pondother guestssliding doorbed and breakfastrelaxing stayrooms are comfortablebeautiful propertycanyon wallscommon areasfrittata
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed her for a quick overnight just to get away from it all. We enjoyed ourselves so much that I am already looking for a time for us to go back for the entire weekend. From the first moment that we walked in the door, we felt so comfortable and pampered. While the bed was a little too firm for my ideal, my husband loved it. Breakfast the next day was amazing and I am still thinking about the chocolate chip mini cakes with strawberry syrup. There is only one restaurant in town for dinner and while the food was good, the restaurant was filthy. Next time, we'll probably plan a picnic or have dinner in Los Alamos.

Room Tip: The Apache room is one of 2 with a king size bed but is very close to the common area. We could hear people coming and going out the front door and breakfast preparations. It wasn't terrible and the room itself was beautiful and comfortable but next time, we'll choose another room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2013

A wonderful get away not far from Albuquerque. Definetly recharged my batteries and had a cozy time with a new friend. There is not one thing that I would change. Good hosts, good food, in a lovely setting. Do not miss this one!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Needed some serious "me" time and found exactly what I was looking for at this establishment. Restful, relaxing, satisfying on many levels. Since I was traveling alone this time, I chose the Hopi room and found it to be just right, including a sound sleep (I want the same mattress for home!). The ambience of the great room left me with a relaxed environment in which to read and enjoy the fire and unwind. The added benefit of having an on-site spa, which I took advantage of, was icing on the cake; and the range of spa treatments offered should satisfy just about most anyone's preferences. Breakfast...ah yes...both days I was treated to a delicious variety of breakfast fare and left the table completely satiated. Bottom line...thank you to the proprietors, Dagna and John, for a wonderful stay--it was my first, and I plan to return. P.S. I chose this B&B based on my own research, including on-line reviews of fellow travelers, and my limited knowledge of the area from a day visit over a decade ago, and not from word of mouth. It met my list of amenities provided so I thought I'd give it a try. Note, however, that choice establishments for lunch and dinner are few and far between in this area so do a little homework and be prepared. Also, if you are into vineyards, the Ponderosa Winery, which is nearby, is worth a visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kathleen A
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Canon del Rio offers world class service in the magical landscape of the Jemez mountains. The ambience stirs the imagination. Dagna and John made us feel pampered with a cozy fire in the fireplace on arrival and a to-die-for breakfast. The beautiful Native-American themed rooms are inviting and cozy. The spa area invites indulgence. The hot tub is surrounded by the lush garden and the river is a short walk away. The views of the canon walls are breathtaking. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Saveur L
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a great overnight stay away from it all. Friendly, accomodating and impeccably maintained. After staying here we would not go anywhere else. It is right on the river in Jemez Springs on a very private property. Warrived late on a sunday. We called ahead and our room was ready with the fire lited.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family