All reviews hot tub jemez mountains navajo room new mexico breakfast was delicious other guests koi pond bed and breakfast relaxing stay rooms are comfortable b and b beautiful property canyon walls common areas frittata each morning kiva fireplace
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I had a delightful two night stay. The absolutely best part was sitting by the small, but perfectly adequate, pool and gazing at Virgin Mesa which sits directly across the Jemez River from the property. There is a nice trail along the river with several comfortable spots to sit and enjoy the flowing water. Breakfasts were bountiful and delicious. Our hosts were gracious and engaging, yet left their guests to themselves, by themselves. Canon del Rio is a great spot from which to enjoy all that the Jemez Mountain area has to offer and it is just dandy to stay for the day, if your ambition is to rest and rejuvenate.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I got a room for my father-in-law for stay in Jemez Springs while receiving treatment for cancer. We wanted a nice place for him to relax and join our family for a wedding just down the road. It was perfect. He enjoyed all that Canon del Rio had to offer. He said he is going back. Thank you, Canon del Rio, for taking such good care of a very special person. A frige in the room would have been an added benefit.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have stayed at Canon Del Rio twice and every time I leave it is with a heavy heart. As soon as I get home, I wish for the serenity and environment of Canon Del Rio. The owners are so gracious and attentive to your needs. They maintain a quiet, relaxed and beautifully decorated but natural
atmosphere. The breakfasts are so delicious and beautifully presented. I spent most of my time in the sauna, pool or sitting outside my room reading and watching the humming birds, dragon flies around the koi pond. I induldged in a refreshing foot scrub and massage. After each visit, I feel rejuvenated. Hope to get back before the winter.

Room Tip: There are only six rooms and all of them open out onto the koi pond and a lovely courtyard.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Our group of four was only able to stay one night, but what a great night that was. The Inn is very relaxing, and a fantastic place to sit and stare at the stars with a glass of wine. Breakfast is an event not to be missed. The food is amazing! My only regrets are that we were not able to take advantage of the spa treatments due to our limited time at the resort, and our limited time at the resort! We will definitely be returning to Canon del Rio and are looking forward to spending a lot more time there!

Room Tip: Navajo and Apache are the two king bed rooms, and both are fantastic. We did not get a chance to see the other rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2012

HIGHLY RECOMMED!!! First time visitor to this SWEET place! Booked this for a surprise birthday present. Would be great for very intimate small special event like anniversary, etc. Hosts/owners are welcoming, and she is a great cook! Rooms are tidy and lovely, just like we saw on website. Bonus - a pool with a view of the mountains to the west, and massages at the poolside spa! Sweet looking small man-made pond with koi fish in the middle of the rooms which all open onto the courtyard or also onto a hallway to the main lounge/dining area. Colorful, well-decorated southwestern style. The included breakfast was a FEAST of deights. We thought our gluten/wheat free and vegetarian diet would excluded us from most of breakfast but no, the owner showed us just how creative you can be with alternate flours!

Room Tip: 6 rooms, all similar and nice!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple