Elk Mountain Lodge
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Jemez Springs
See available hotels
Rodeway Inn(Espanola)
View Hotel
All reviewsjacuzzi tubtall pinesbreakfast burritoresident dogvalles calderadishes and utensilsgas grillprivate deckfire pitfall colorsnew mexicooatmealbandelier national monumentnext morningkitchen areasanta feknotty pine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My husband and I and our 2 German Shepherds stayed in the Tall Pines Cabin and it was wonderful. We were toasty warm even though it was cold outside. We took advantage of the hot tub and it was heavenly sitting in the hot tub under the stars. The location was great, and we did day hikes to the Caldera area. We'd love to go back again. Breakfast burritos were very good, and the hosts were very attentive and made sure we were happy. We were thrilled that they accepted pets, and I think their pet policy is very fair. I hiked to the top of the mountain behind the cabin and it sure is steep! Thank you!

Room Tip: We liked the Tall Pines Cabin because of the hot tub on the deck. The master bedroom also has a wall mounted TV with DVD player so we were able to enjoy watching a few movies.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BarbT01
Garth B, Owner at Elk Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

BarbT01,
Thank you very much for reviewing us here at the Elk Mountain Lodge! I assure you, the pleasure was all ours. We would love to have you back again sometime… hopefully soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had an absolute fantastic stay here. The cabin exceeded our expectations, the surrounding area was so beautiful. Breakfasts and personal attention to all or our needs left nothing to be desired. Only problem, we didn't stay here long enough. This was a slice of paradise in one of most majestic areas of the US, thank you,

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Garth B, Owner at Elk Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Kmfischer,
We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks so much for taking the time to give us a review! We hope to see you back again sometime soon! Safe travels!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Loved every minute of it! Robin, Garth, Gracie, and Cody couldn't have been more friendly and welcoming! The amazing breakfast burritos, fishing tips, and Cody's escorts from our cabin to the main lodge made it a trip we won't ever forget. Not only was our cabin (Ponderosa) beautiful, clean, and cozy, so was every aspect of Jemez Springs. There's tons to do and lots of trout to catch! We will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bethany W
Garth B, Owner at Elk Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Bethany W.
Thanks so much for your visit. We are very pleased to know that your experience was everything and more that you hoped for. We look forward to your return! Safe travels!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I recently surprised my fiance for our anniversary by taking her to the Elk Mountain Lodge for an overnight trip in the Jemez. We stayed in the Tall Pines Cabin.

When we arrived my fiance was very surprised. She knew we were going to a cabin but she didn't know where or what kind. When she saw the cabin she told me I outdid myself, and both of us were very impressed with how nice the cabin was. The main bedroom is cozy and has warm blankets, and the hot tub was incredible, especially since it was a nippy night. We grilled burgers and cooked chili over the fire.

The hosts are very nice, and they have the most adorable dogs. One of them, Cody I'm pretty sure, made us his best friends because we were cooking and roasting marshmallows outdoors. The flat screen TV has nice picture, and was much more impressive than the typical TV set up in cabins. The breakfast was really tasty, and came with a lot of options.

This property and the cabin we stayed in are incredibly nice and cozy. It makes a great get away for someone who lives nearby in Albuquerque looking to get out for a weekend, or someone driving through the area looking for somewhere quaint to stay. We definitely plan on making a return trip in the future.

Room Tip: Our cabin did not have a stove, and I'm pretty sure none of them do, so if you plan on cooking there you should bring grill food or fire cookware.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Garth B, Owner at Elk Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Natejitsu,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! We are very pleased that your stay was enjoyable. Please refer your friends! We look forward to your return and promised to provide you with another wonderful experience!
Safe Travels!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I took our 2 boys up there to celebrate our 10th Anniversary and we loved it! The room was lovely, and the boys had plenty of room to roam. My one son called it "fancy camping". Enjoyed some great birdwatching right from our patio and so many beautiful New Mexico wildflowers all around. And my boys fell madly in love with Cody the dog. Great time!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Garth B, Owner at Elk Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Lisa J.,
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review! We too thoroughly enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again real soon. It was our pleasure to have your family stay with us. Safe travels!