“Amazing wine tasting”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing wine tasting”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

If you love wines this is must. Denis is a fantastic host who is willing to share his knowledge.
I've been to a couple of wineries while in Italy and I can honestly say this is the best.
Thank you Denis for the time you spent with us today much appreciated.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank madkeenfishing

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Real wine tasting”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Amazing reception by the owner -Denis- excellent wines and great tasting experience. Lovely!! We would recommend this place to everyone!

1 Thank Peter K
Paris, France
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Excellent host and great wines!”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Arrived here following a poor experience at Barrachi winery and had a completely different experience. Denis met us at an agreed location to escort us to his winery, gave us an overview of his wine making then sat down with us to talk about his wines and drink with us. He provided some cheese and charcuterie. We tasted 4 wines of different varieties and price points, all of them good and most excellent, our favorite was the Sangiovese. We spent a couple of hours with Denis and enjoyed our time. We definitely recommend to visit and taste his wines! He also recommended a great restaurant in Cortona and called to make us a reservation.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Nicatnight
Minneapolis, Minnesota
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Great wine, great company!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We e-mailed our hotel a week or two before we arrived and asked them to set up a wine-tasting/vineyard tour for us. They set us up with Denis at Leuta, and I'm so glad they did. He picked us up at our hotel in Cortona, and drove us through the vineyard. Denis is one of the two owners of Leuta. He explained that everything they do is organic, which is why they let the grass grow. I asked why the grass matters or not, and he explained that some vineyards think the grass steals water from the grapes, and it does, but you need chemicals to get rid of the grass, and Leuta isn't interested in using any chemicals, so they let the grass grow. As we drove, he explained the process for growing and harvesting the grapes, and pointed out all the different kinds that they grow as we passed them. He explained to us how he got involved in the wine industry, and it was very cool to hear his back story. He is very passionate about what he does, and truly loves it and takes a lot of pride in Leuta.
After touring the vineyard, Denis took us over to the seller where they actually make the wine and bottle it and such. He showed us around there, and then he prepared some cheese and salami for us to eat while we did the tasting. He sat down and did the tasting with us himself, explaining every wine as we went along. We even got to try the Cabernet, which wasn't for sale at the time. (Naturally, the one I couldn't buy was my favorite!) He made it very clear that we were under no obligation to buy anything, and we really didn't feel any pressure from him at all to buy. We did buy a bottle of the Sangiovese and of the Merlot (20 euros/each)--all of the wines were really good, but those were our favorites, and we could reasonably back two bottles in our suitcases to take home to Minnesota. We really enjoyed hanging out with Denis and talking to him and hearing his life story. We truly had a fun time!
I think that good people produce good products, and the more care you put into something, the better the outcome. After spending three hours driving around and drinking wine and chatting with Denis, I can say that he is a good person who does put a lot of care into what he does, and you can tell in the quality of the wine. I enjoy wine, but I usually can't tell the difference between a $10 bottle and a $50 bottle. I could taste the quality in the Leuta wine. All of the wines were rich an flavor, and they taste like some love and care has gone into them.
For a private tour with the owner (it was just me, my husband, and Denis), including transportation to and from, it only cost us 10 euros/person. I am still floored! If you are planning to go to Cortona and are looking to do a wine-tasting/vineyard tour, I hope you consider asking your hotel to set you up with Denis at Leuta--we were in Italy for 10 nights, and that was easily one of the highlights of our trip, and definitely the best 10 euros we spent.

Visited June 2014
Denis Z, Proprietario at Azienda Agricola Leuta, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Hello and thank you for your kind review. Just one thing i have to point out, you bought Sangiovese and Merlot as you correctly wrote, but the price was 35,00 euros and 28,00 euros.
It was a pleasure even for me knowing you and showing you my approach to wine making.
Thank again to both of you.

Denis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great wine”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Perfect introduction about this high quality wine, we enjoyed it and enjoy again tonight your wine :-) cheers from Judith & Oliver, Jules & Uli & Leopold, Betty & Tom & Heidi

Visited May 2014