“Authentich and charming cantina”

Azienda Agricola Leuta
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Pietraia
Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Authentich and charming cantina”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

During my 2 weeks in Tuscany, I did 3 wine-tastings, and Leuta was by far the best! Enzo and Denis are extremely dedicated to their wine and to tell the stories behind it all. They spent at good coupe of hours giving us a fantastic tasting and tour of their facilities and wine-fields.
This is a place that I will definitely visit again and undoubtedly buy wine from again, and again and again and.....

Visited July 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

2 Thank MJanum

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Winery!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stopped by for a wine tasting and Dennis, Enzo and Maria were so friendly and knowledgable. We tasted 6 wines and all were fabulous. Maria even customized a magnum with our wedding date (we were on our honeymoon). We shipped a case home and it came perfectly packaged within a few weeks of the order. Truly a great experience!! Do not miss this winery - it was our favorite wine in Tuscany.

Cortona, Italy
“A great winery visit with a tasting of excellent wines!!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

An experience not to be missed near Cortona is to call and arrange a visit at Leuta!! While I have always considered Leuta Cabernet Franc one of my favorite wines, a visit to the winery allowed me to further understand their wines and appreciate the quality of their wine making process. A wine tasting at Leuta is a wonderful opportunity to learn from Denis; his descriptions of the production process and the sensory aspects of the wines add to the experience, while enjoying their delicious wines. Our visit to Leuta also included spending time with Mariya and Laga, which made us feel very welcome at the winery. Now, when drinking a Leuta wine, I will always remember this time at the winery and the explanations shared by Denis about his fantastic wines!!

Cortona, Italy
“A special day!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Leuta is one of my favorite wines, and it was a special day spent visiting the winery! While tasting the delicious wines, Denis took the time to explain each wine along with the history of Leuta. It was also great to meet Mariya and Laga during our visit. It was truly a special day that will be remembered each time a bottle of Leuta wine is opened in my home.

Northern Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Excellent wines from an amazing individual”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I met the owner/winemaker of Leuta by chance in a restaurant in Cortona (while we were waiting for our tables), and we chatted a bit about wine. I was then surprised to be invited to tour the cantina the next day. I took them him on the offer and had an amazing visit!

Denis explained the entire operation (the winemaking side as well as the marketing side), his approach to quality, and his future plans; his delightful wife gave me a private tasting and an extensive tour of the vineyard (you'd think I was Robert Parker...). I learned more about wine in a couple of hours than I would have in a couple of years (and I am no novice to wine, I can assure you). While I cannot promise that this kind of spontaneous private visit is his custom, he comes across as genuinely friendly and generous, so the scheduled tastings should be just as rewarding.

The wines of Laute are intense, concentrated, perfectly balanced, and with great potential for aging. Most are single varietal (Cabernet France, Merlot, Sangiovese, Syrah), and they exhibit nicely the unique characteristics of each grape. My favorite was the Cabernet Franc (which I don't recall tasting "on its own" before - it is one of the three major grapes that are blended in Bordeaux wines). In short, nothing but praise!

BTW, you can satisfy your curiosity regarding the numbers associated with the wines (0.618, 1.618, 2.618) here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio

1 Thank kloomnik