“More than just steak”

Ranked #3 of 91 Restaurants in Hobbs
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant has a worthy menu. From steaks to a Patty melt, with a salad bar that must be 20 ft long. Great variety on the salad bar. Atmosphere is very pleasant. Sit in restaurant or in bar. Our waitress was attentive, friendly, soft spoken, polite and helpful. One suggestion: the Bloody Mary was too salty (the mix itself) for my husband, who devours salt! LOL My draft beer was crisp and ice cold. Casual atmosphere. No need to dress up if you don't want to.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

The food was slightly better than average, I had the shrimp primvera with pasta. Maybe should've had a steak. Fresh bread? Well, you can do the same with Schwan's fozen loaves, no big deal. The waitstaff had no knowledge about the wines offered. The booth seat was very uncomfortable, actually hurt my back. Nice facility and decor, though. But you don't eat decor. It's slightly above average. Kind of pricey for what they deliver.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

First, you will never find this place if you think it looks like the picture on TA. It's actually quite a hip looking steakhouse inside and out.

I ordered the Ribeye and it was cooked to perfection. The asparagas was topped with a garlic and tomato garnish that made it almost better than the steak. The bread was brought out with the steak and was so hot I could barely touch at first but it was so good I hate to admit I ate the whole loaf.

My server was actually the bartender as I didn't want to wait for dining room seating and chose a booth in the bar. He was so attentive I felt like the only customer in the place.

I would definately eat at a Cattle Baron again here or anywhere else.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This particular Cattle Baron was just okay. We had the salad bar. It was limited in salad toppings and a few of the items available were empty. They offer more already made salads instead of toppings to build a salad. And the soup I tried was not that tasty. Service was generic and unenthusiastic. Hostess could've used more help in getting the guests sat quicker. Overall, it wasn't the best experience. The Cattle Baron in Ruidoso, NM is so much better than this one.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The majority of times you will receive an excellent meal. The salad bar is very nice. The Cattle Baron is one of the three main stay for Hobbs eateries.