“Perfect Steak and Fresh Hot Bread right out of the Oven.”

Cattle Baron Steak and Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 91 Restaurants in Hobbs
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2013

First, you will never find this place if you think it looks like the picture on TA. It's actually quite a hip looking steakhouse inside and out.

I ordered the Ribeye and it was cooked to perfection. The asparagas was topped with a garlic and tomato garnish that made it almost better than the steak. The bread was brought out with the steak and was so hot I could barely touch at first but it was so good I hate to admit I ate the whole loaf.

My server was actually the bartender as I didn't want to wait for dining room seating and chose a booth in the bar. He was so attentive I felt like the only customer in the place.

I would definately eat at a Cattle Baron again here or anywhere else.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This particular Cattle Baron was just okay. We had the salad bar. It was limited in salad toppings and a few of the items available were empty. They offer more already made salads instead of toppings to build a salad. And the soup I tried was not that tasty. Service was generic and unenthusiastic. Hostess could've used more help in getting the guests sat quicker. Overall, it wasn't the best experience. The Cattle Baron in Ruidoso, NM is so much better than this one.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The majority of times you will receive an excellent meal. The salad bar is very nice. The Cattle Baron is one of the three main stay for Hobbs eateries.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Hobbs doesn't have a lot of "great" eating establishments, but Cattle Baron's is a good option in town. We have eaten there many times over the last 20 years. While a little better quality than the average restaurant in town, it is by no means a top destination anymore. The food is average, the staff is friendly and the atmosphere is quite plain. The kids love the salad bar, which is a good size and variety. Overall, the service and food quality has declined over the years, but it is still one of the better options in Hobbs.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We went to have dinner last monday, the place is always crowded, but we only waited for our table a few minutes. Waiters are nice and neat. We loved the salad bar! Is delicius! The dishes are expensive but doesn't worth the price, taste like a china buffet food.

Been to Cattle Baron Steak and Seafood Restaurant? Share your experiences!