“Passing Through”

Best Western Executive Inn
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Hobbs
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Was enroute to another Destination, and was stopping in Hobbs, NM; I was filtering through about 6-10 Hotels in the area, above the level of Thin-Wall Basic, Bed & Pillow Rooms....and upon narrowing down the filed of choices, saw tha MANY of the Middle-End style Hotels, were "milking" the fact that the Oil/Gas Boom had taken its presence in Eastern New Mexico, with rates near $200 per Night, which I wouldn't even pay if it were High-End Type Hotels.....

THIS REVIEW IS BASED ON 1 Person Stay/King Bed Option:

The Location of the Hotel is not right on the Main area of town (but off a Major Blvd, which is easily accessible; I have friends who know Hobbs who say to be watchful in that Area, but as with ANY place I go, just use some Head-Smarts.....I was on the back-side of the Hotel (not that the front-side was better), but sometimes that can factor in, as far as Traffic-Noise or whatever may be going on relatively close to where Your Room may be positioned.

I didn't get to partake in BreakFast, but as with many BW's I've been to, they offered an above avg (which to Me is basic continental) Breakfast, with Hot-Item's available....

I did have a unique situation arise while I was staying there, as sometimes one's travels may; and the Management was VERY Accomodating to My issues.....if I was coming through Hobbs again, I would stay there again !!

-THEE ROAD WARRIOR

Room Tip: Be savvy to Your surroundings, and look to see a Floor-Plan of the Room-Layout, so maybe (if You can...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TYLER T
There are newer reviews for Best Western Executive Inn

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have been traveling to Hobbs for many years and this particular motel offers the best deal for your money. They always have fresh coffee and their breakfasts are good. The staff is very friendly and courteous. I have never had any complaints of problems of any kind.

Room Tip: Make your reservations in advance. I travel to Hobbs every two weeks and make my reservations two we...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank coquita
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I come to Hobbs quite often and have stayed in several hotels and I must say will come back to this one everytime. It is clean and nice rooms. The staff has always gone completely out of their way to accomodate us which we have appreciated. We will continue to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is located in a very shady area. It's advertised as having an outdoor swimming pool however the pool is closed. The rooms are old, toilet was broken and bathtub had stains all over.

If you're in Hobbs stay in the Lovington Rd area.

• Stayed: September 2012
rinavkapadia, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 575-397-7171.

rk
gm
BEST WESTERN Executive Inn

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband has been staying at this hotel off and on for four months.The rates are great and the staff have been more than helpful.The rooms are always clean.The breakfast is good and always ready.This is the only hotel my husband will stay at while doing business in Hobbs NM.I have to say this hotel staff gives 110% everytime.They have made my husbands stays very comfortable,THANKYOU!!!!

Room Tip: Have stayed upstairs and down no problems with any of the rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2012

The staff was very accommodating but the rooms were dirty, the sink did not drain properly, and the toilet barely flushed a time or 2. A car alarm was going off as we arrived and continued for a couple hrs til we left.. Also strange ppl lingering late at night as we returned from visiting family with our 2 children.. Pool was under construction and front desk manager said we were told when making reservation but in reality we were not.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Erragia
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Upon our arrival, we noticed signs stating that the pool was closed. Having a three year old grandson with us who we had promised about the pool was a bummer and left us concerned. I went in to check-in, and found out the pool was closed and would remain so during our stay. I asked the owner if he would offer me a discount as we had planned on the pool being open. He obliged, apologized, and explained the situation. I decided not to change hotels despite the pool being closed (I hope the owner can find the service he needs, but he informed me that Hobbs doesn't have anyone who fixes the particular situation his pool has - sad).

Our room was nice and very comfortable. The room was large, and the beds were awesome! We requested more towels, they were promptly delivered! The room did show some wear on the walls and carpet, the bathroom door didn't close, there was a hole in one wall; however, it was clean and smelled fresh! We did have an electrical issue, which I brought to the owners' attention the next morning after we ate the free breakfast. He said they would fix the problem, and upon our return he was walking the premises when we were on our way into the room. He politely informed me that the problem was fixed and to please let him know if we had any other problems or concerns. This gentleman went above and beyond to provide me, my wife, and grandson the best stay possible. I felt really sorry for him about his pool, but the hotel did seem pretty full despite, and in Hobbs you can't beat the Best Western price or value - PERIOD! What the room needed was cosmetic repairs to the walls and the bathroom door which wouldn't close for privacy.

The complimentary breakfast wasn't bad other than the sausage needed to be cooked a lot more, and the bacon paper towel dabbed due to the amount of present grease. All in all it was good!

I would stay at this Best Western again, hands down! The owner and staff are very accommodating, and the more who stay the more they can do to the hotel! Love the location too!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family