“NO POOL OR HOT TUB”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Hobbs
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Hobbs
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I am an elite rewards member with La Quinta and booked a room through the web site that showed a very nice pool and hot tub. This is one of the main reasons we stay at this motel. Upon arrival at 5:45 pm there is no one at the front desk so I grab one of the carts and go unload my car. I came back in and there is still no one at the front desk so I started calling out for someone to respond but no one did. I started looking around to see if the clerk was in other places like the breakfast area and the pool area. This is when I see the sign that said POOL AND HOT TUBE DO NOT WORK. Well now I am a little perturbed and still no clerk. I actually had to yell HELLO 2 OR 3 times and finally someone comes out of the breakfast area closed door. I asked how is it that the pool and hot tub both dont work at the same time and she said she didnt know what was wrong with them but they had been out for some time now. I asked how long and she said she didnt know but quit awhile. I asked to speak to a manager and she said none was working. So I called laquinta.com's toll free number and spoke with a nice lady that told me not to worry that I could cancel and my points would be returned to my account. I told her ok I would try and find another hotel and call her back to refund my points. I told the girl behind the desk i was going to my computer to find another motel and she said do you want me to cancel your reservation then and I told her no I would do it with the lady at lq.com's number again. So I buy another room at Quality inn where the Pool and Hot tub both worked for 100 bucks. Then called lq.com and the lady said the clerk cancelled the reservation and she could no longer refund my points which were 18,000 yes thats eighteen thousand points for a room in Hobbs NM. So as of this time I called the clerk and asked for her to call her boss and ask them to call me and I gave her my phone number. You guessed it still no call as of yet. Thanks alot lq I might have to get me a choice hotel card instead of yours.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 22, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed in a third floor king room with a pull out sofa...room was spacious, spotless and quiet - even though we shared a wall with the elevator! Linens were clean and soft, pillows comfy and the ac did it's job. Small fridge and microwave available and a nice work area. Bathroom is large with a deeper than usual tub. Housekeeping here is to be commended as the entire property was gleaming! Tastefully decorated throughout and felt very secure in the area the hotel is located in. Breakfast was tasty offering omelettes, biscuits, gravy, sausages, pastries, cereals, waffles and the expected beverages. Dining area was neat as a pin. Pool area was indoors and our children enjoyed it. Close to area attractions, shopping and dining...a very nice park was located about a mile up the road with a nice trail, fishing area and good playground equipment. Will certainly stay here again if we find ourselves needing a quick, inexpensive break from Midland/Odessa.

Room Tip: Our room was third floor facing highway and was very quiet!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank piccu
A TripAdvisor Member
Shoshone, Idaho
Reviewed June 2, 2014

When checking in the front desk was very nice and helpful. Our room was clean and very quiet even with dogs in the room next to us. The pool was a bit cold but with the New Mexico heat it felt nice. The only issue we had was our room keys quit twice but were reprogrammed right away. Breakfast was more than I expected. Not only was there bagels and muffins but omelets and ham the first day and eggs and bacon the second day. Overall a great place to stay and close to shopping.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stayed here last night and didn't get more than an hour of sleep at a time. We stayed in room 109 which is just a few doors down from the end of hall exit door. When this door closes it sounds like a car hitting the building. It started before 11:00 pm and continued all thru the night. I called the front desk at midnight thinking it was another guest next door or across the hall slamming their door over and over again. Desk clerk said ok I'll check it out. I have no doubt he knew exactly what it was but wouldn't tell me it would continue all night. Won't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn N
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Everything was fantastic in Hobbs, NM. Thank you for having a great staff that makes sure that your clientele is serviced at the highest level of professionalism along with being kind and understanding! Continue being professional, kind and efficient....

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I had horrible experience first of all the girl named jerrica was rude and would talk over me didnt let me explain what I needed with my reservation she cancelled my entire reservation when I got there I had no place to stay .I went later that evening spoke with a wonderful front desk clerk named aurora she made me a new reservation and treated me so wonderful but the fallowing day of my reservation I get there and aurora cant find my reservation so she calls her manager and asks where was the reservation she had made for me her manager tells her to ask me to leave im not allowed at la quinta that I was a crazy old lady and aurora asked manager for her to tell me herself and she refused got upset at aurora rented me a room and apologized to me explained they had new management I stayed there for two night and the only friendly personal there was aurora I left messages for manager call me and never recieved a phone call from her .lisa is the new manager is very unprofessional .

• Stayed: May 2014