“The good and the bad.”

Comfort Suites Hobbs
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Hobbs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I travel for a living so I spend a lot of time in hotels, so I hope my evaluation is a sound comparison of other hotels. I stayed at this hotel for almost one week. I never had breakfast there so I can't comment on that.
THE GOOD: The room was nice, and it was clean. The business center downstairs has printer that can scan images right to my thumb drive. That's always important to me. I had little interaction with the staff, but they were pleasant and helpful. Lastly, the hotel is inset away from the highway, so highway noise is low.

THE BAD: The room was a little cramped with excess furniture (a couch, two ottomans, and a desk). The Wi-Fi was horrible for my room and since I was on business it was a bit inconvenient. The hotel is close enough to a railroad that you can hear the train a few times a night. It isn't terrible, but if you're a light sleeper, then bring earplugs. I think the price was a bit high for this class of hotel, but prices might be inflated due to seasonal workers.

Room Tip: My room had very poor Wireless connection. Make sure you get a room closer to the router.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Colleen R
Paaru, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hobbs, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. Customer feedback is always important to us, so that we may continue to improve our guest satisfaction. The Comfort Suites is located on Hwy 18 in Hobbs. This is the same stretch of road that all of the other premiere hotels are located on. The railroad runs the length of this highway opposite the hotel for many miles before and after Hobbs. All of the hotels are located across the highway from this railway. It is rare that trains run on this and most of the time it is not used. But occasionally there is a frequency of train activity in spurts. Though it should be noted that the Comfort Suites is set the furthest away from the railway of any of the nine major hotels located on this stretch of highway. Our location in the back provides a buffer to our guests against any highway noise.

The Comfort Suites has an upgraded internet speed that offer 10mbps download speed to guests. We will contact our internet provider for them to diagnose our equipment for low speeds. We have not had any complaints of low speeds recently. The equipment allows remote diagnosing from our support company. The hotel does offer a free 24hr technical support for Wi-Fi connections that is available to each guest at no cost.

We appreciate the compliments becuase our staff works very hard to ensure each room is clean and comfortable for all of our guests.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I only stayed at the Comfort Suites in Hobbs because it was the only hotel available on my first night in town. I am grateful now I didn't book this place for two nights. All you need to know is that when I came in after a long day of travel I stood at the empty front desk for 15 minutes waiting to see an actual human being to check me in. There was nothing. Noone. The phone at the front desk was ringing off the hook. Nobody answering. Anybody out there? After what seemed like an interminable wait an employee finally shows up in hurried fashion. No excuses, no sorry, no nothing. "What can I do for you?" Well, you can actually be at the desk when I come in, that would be a great start. As for the hotel, it's purely meh. Rooms are okay, nothing special, Paint chipped off the corners of the wall, door handle missing on the closet, and while Hobbs is a VERY small town, this hotel is clearly on the wrong side of it. Not worth the wait. Looking forward to checking-in to the Fairfiled Inn tomorrow night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank BronxMiddleMan
Paaru, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hobbs, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

I greatly regret that the events you describe occurred. I can assure you this is not standard procedure at our property. Hobbs is a small booming community with limited hotel selection. Like most limited service hotels, we have a small staff in the evenings and it may be the responsibility of one person to attend the needs of guests on short notice for any variety of conveniences. Though the wait time described(15 min) would be considered much longer than normal, there may be times that a Front Desk clerk is attending to a guest upstairs (We have 4 floors) and may take 1 to 4 minutes to return. We greatly care about our guests and try to address any needs within our ability. This is why the front desk attendant was missing and showed up in “hurried fashion”.

Regarding the damages mentioned. The chipped paint on the wall edge was a missing corner-guard which is in place for exactly this type of damage to be prevented. There are 6 of these corner-guards per room and this room had one missing. Sometimes these are apt to coming off through wear-and-tear and the maintenance staff is always on the lookout to replace these small types of things that may be missing. The missing closet handle is similar because it is a superficial handle, like a drawer knob, they sometimes fall off and must be reattached by the maintenance staff. Our house keeping staff is trained to report all items that need maintenance attention on a daily basis. We also have a preventive maintenance program in place where we check each and every little thing in a room at least once per month. Our Maintenance and Housekeeping staff work very hard on a daily basis to maintain consistent levels of quality. We thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and hope that you would return to our property and see that these were rare and not repeat issues.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I have stayed here 2 times now in hopes it would be better than the Sleep Inn next door. Unfortunately it is not. The cost on this hotel is very high for what you get. Rooms are large and do have a fridge and microwave but it ends there. The desk was dirty with dried liquid of some kind. I cleaned it with a wet rag so it appears that housekeeping is just slacking. Upon exiting the elevator on the second floor you immediately see the disgusting carpet. There are huge stains in several places like they have never cleaned it. The room has newer carpet so it is in better condition. Bed spread on one of the queen beds has a large cigarette burn on it. This could easily be an average hotel with a little tlc and better housekeeping. Remember, I am basing this review on the high cost of the room. Rooms are around $101 before tax.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank oneseadawg
Paaru, Owner at Comfort Suites Hobbs, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2011

Valued Guests,

We apologize for the issues faced by this guest. We would like to address them with our explanation. This property has been open since late 2008. Since we are situated away from the highway our rooms are quieter from the traffic noise from the highway. However, we have an open undeveloped lot in front of our hotel. Due to this many guests have told us they thought we were not open. Therefore, we put an open banner on the hotel to avoid any confusion. The hotel runs very high occupancy and a large majority of our guests are workers in the oil and gas industry. Because of this the hallway carpets see considerable wear from work boots. We do routine cleaning of these carpets, but some spots are difficult to remove even with regular shampooing. In quick response to the above guest feedback, Comfort Suites of Hobbs has had all of the corridor carpets cleaned by a professional company rather then with our in-house shampooing equipment. Because we value our customers, we will always strive to meet and exceed our guest’s needs. In response to the housekeeping issue also mentioned, I believe the “liquid residue” on the desk was dried air freshener. Commonly when rooms are cleaned and inspected, air freshener is sprayed at the end. This would explain the residue on the desk. We have informed our room inspection staff to spray away from any surfaces like desks and nightstands. We are also a 100% smoke free hotel. Cigarette burn on anything is a very rare occasion. The bed spread in this room was missed on our inspection. It has been replaced. Once again we apologize for any inconvenience. We have taken every step necessary to avoid any issues such as these in the future. Thank you for your comments.

Cory T. White
GM

Reviewed September 2, 2011

Stayed here for a few days and it was pretty nice! There weren't any problems. I also enjoyed their breakfast, large selection.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2011

During May I stayed here several times while traveling for business. The area has been very busy and the staff has been great about getting me rooms on short notice. Best room in the area for the value, Price is a bit high but always a Suite room. Staff service is excellent, I travel probably 200 days a year and it's nice to have a staff that seems to care. I did have one small problem at first with not getting my choice points, but the manager resolved with me quickly. great place, I will stay again when coming back to the area.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Made reservations. First room they gave us had the refrigerator in the middle of the room being repaired. Moved us to a second room which was the strongest cigarette smell I have ever smelled. They had put an automobile hang up air freshener on sprinkler to try to hide it. Breakfast is good here.

• Stayed: March 2011
Paaru, Owner at Comfort Suites Hobbs, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Although our official posted check-in time is 3.00pm, whenever we have a request for an Early check-in we always try to accommodate our customers. The Comfort Suites of Hobbs is a leader in the local hotel market and thus we are often sold out and do not have vacant and clean rooms available for check in until the official posted time. During the morning our staff is hard at work making sure the rooms are available to new arrivals and during this time a guest may request to check in before our officially posted check in time. The staff does our best too ensure all guest rooms are ready and inspected at the time a guest checks in, but sometimes guests who request an early check in may result in a room undergoing routine maintenance or inspection. This is very rare and the Comfort Suites of Hobbs is always accommodating to our guests if this should happen. Although we are a 100% smoke free property sometimes guests may smoke in our rooms without our knowledge. We are very conscience of the sensitivities our guests have to smoke residue and would ensure the guest had a new room assigned to them should this instance ever occur. As always we strive to better improve ourselves and take every bit of guest feedback as an opportunity for improvement. Thank you.

Cory T White
GM

Reviewed November 22, 2010

After being on the road for 9 hours I just happened to stop here for the night. Late night front desk was very friendly and accommodating. Room was huge, not sure if I got that because of "Elite Diamond" status or not. Extremely comfortable. Just what I needed. The complimentary breakfast was probably the best I've had. They offered cooked, not steamed, scrambled eggs with chorizo, french toast, sausage, waffles and beverages. If I ever go through Hobbs again I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business