“Not what it could be”

Sleep Inn & Suites Hobbs New Mexico Hotel
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Hobbs
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This hotel is fairly new but it already has issues. I have stayed here several times and have been told by the manager that they had a sprinkler system issue and it ruined the carpet in the halls. She said they would be replacing the carpet. I then asked about the carpet in the rooms because there are huge, long wrinkles from the water damage. She acted surprised and said they would have it stretched. I have since stayed at this location again and they did replace some carpet in the lobby but the rooms still have the huge rolls with carpet coming off the wall at the base also. Extremely high on prices for the condition. The Comfort Inn next door is already getting run down and is no better.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank oneseadawg
Management_NM150, Owner at Sleep Inn & Suites Hobbs New Mexico Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to provide us with a feedback on your stay here at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Hobbs, NM. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been.

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. I have noticed all your recent reviews have been for different brands within the Choice Hotels International family and want to thank you for being a valued guest of not only our hotel but the whole Choice Hotel Family. Unfortunately this year we did have a sprinkler line break on an extremely cold morning that caused damage to some of the hallway carpet. Instead of just replacing a section of the carpet, our hotel decided to proceed with the “Designed to Dream” renovation, rather than waiting till the 2015 deadline. Since your stay I am happy to say that nearly 95% of the work is completed including new carpet on all three hallways, breakfast area, business center and lobby. Other renovations include new painted accent walls, new artwork, new lobby furniture and new bedding. The carpet with the huge roll that you are referring to was not part of the water damage, but the outcome of inexperienced carpet shampoo cleaning that caused the carpet to pull away from the tack strip. As we strive to offer our valued guests the best experience possible while maintaining a clean comfortable safe environment, we routinely shampoo our guest room carpets. I apologize if you were misinformed on our renovations and take full responsibility for not properly relaying the message to my team on what was damaged and what was a maintenance issue. Your comments are greatly appreciated as it helps us strive to be the best rather than being what it could have been. As we will be completing the renovations this weekend, I will be conducting a training exercise with our maintenance team on how to properly shampoo carpet and if need be, how to properly re-stretch the carpet back.

I would take pleasure in welcoming you back after our renovation is completed this weekend so that you could experience the hotel as it was meant to be. Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the next time you are in Hobbs, NM and need to make a choice; the choice is Sleep Inn & Suites.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

I was overcharged by this hotel. I've called and left messages with the manager for three weeks now with no response at all. I even called the Comfort Hotline and they contacted the manager directly, again she refused to take my call or call me back. I would not stay at this hotel again for any reason. The rooms are clean but who cares when you get overcharged and ignored by the manager herself. I travel a lot for work all around the area, but I will avoid this hotel and chain from now on. Please check your credit card bills after you check out, the overcharge was several days after I checked out.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Keli E
Management_NM150, Owner at Sleep Inn & Suites Hobbs New Mexico Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Thank you for your recent stay at The 2010 & 2011 Gold Award Winning- Sleep Inn & Suites in Hobbs, NM. Hotels that achieve the Prestigious Gold Award represent the top 10% of hotels within each Choice Brand. We are also the # 1 hotel in Hobbs, NM based on reviews from other guests that have given us nothing but all top scores in Value, Location, Sleep Quality, Rooms, Cleanliness and Service. At check in, a negotiated rate was offered for an "Extended Stay" which was to be a minimum of 30 consecutive night stay with no early check out. We fullfilled our part by offering this rate, however you did not follow through on your part by checking out within 9 days. Reserving a room for 30 nights is not the same as staying 30 nights. You were advised at check in before you signed the registration card that should you not fullfill your part, you will be charged the difference of your negotiated rate and the nightly rate. This is not considered Hidden nor Overcharge. Operating this fine establishment requires numerous hours on our part to ensure every guest is satisfied in every aspect of their stay. There are times we are not able to answer your calls immediately, however they are not "Ignored" Your phone calls were returned in a timely fashion however we were not able to reach you. Several attempts have been made since to contact you with no answer.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

On Friday 7/15/2011 I contacted Lauren Ward, Manager of Sleep Inn & Suites Hobbs, NM to request an early check in, as in two days early. My company Premier Estate Buyers was schedule to do an event there for the week, and we were not to arrive until that Monday, but our hotel in Wichita Falls overbooked and was kicking us out the next day. Ms. Ward was completely understanding of our situation and allowed us to check in that Saturday without issue. The hotel is practically brand new, or at least kept that way. The rooms were very clean, beds comfortable and air conditioning very cold just the way I like it. The continental breakfast every morning was a treat to wake up to and the hotel staff from Front Desk to Housekeepers always had a nice, warm smile on their faces and a kind word to greet you. The amenities of a heated Pool and Jacuzzi were what I looked forward to at the end of a long day. And for those that need to exercise, there is also a gym in hotel. Shops, Grocery and Restaurants are between 2 minutes and 5 minutes drive from the hotel, which is quite convenient. I have not felt more comfortable and at home in a very long time in a hotel as I have in this hotel. I am definitely thanking my company for booking this hotel and will be looking forward to staying here again on our next visit. Thank you all Lauren and staff.

Dereck - Premier Estate Buyers

Room Tip: Save the planet and place the card on pillow for non daily bed change if you truly don't need it
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Guilder03

Dear Valued Guest,
I want to thank you for taking the time to give us a feedback on your stay here at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Hobbs, NM.

I was extremely excited to see that our wonderful staff was able to accommodate you and your company on such a short notice. I have informed our General Manager and the rest of our staff of your kind words. As I was browsing through our in house list, I was glad to see that your company decided to stay with us again this week and utilize our spacious meeting room for your event. I am not sure if you are in Hobbs, NM with your company, but do hope they are enjoying our facility just as much as you did. Since your last stay, our hotel has gone under a “Designed to Dream” renovation that is now complete. I will be visiting Hobbs this weekend and hope to meet with you over breakfast on Friday.

Once again thank you for choosing our hotel again and hope this stay was just as memorable as the last.

Reviewed March 17, 2010

I bring a large group of high school students to Hobbs, NM in March for the State Speech and Debate Tournament. For the past two years, we have stayed at the Sleep Inn and Suites. For the past two years, we have had an excellent experience.
The service is excellent; the staff is super-friendly. The rooms are clean and modern. The bathrooms are also modern and spacious. The free breakfast is one of the best breakfasts I have ever had at a hotel.
I do not think many people seek out Hobbs as a vacation destination. The fact that the hotel is in Hobbs is the only reason I marked the location rating down a bit. However, if you find yourself needing a place to stay in Hobbs-this is a great choice. Without a doubt, the best hotel in Hobbs-if not one of the best in New Mexico.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank tsmithNM
Reviewed December 10, 2009

Very accommodating staff were alert and helpful even in middle of night. Arranged cleaning time for our work schedules. Wireless network was reliable for working in room. Opened breakfast earlier for shift workers. Key-entry laundry, fitness center, and business center all new, everything worked! Longer stays welcomed w/o hassle or changed rates. Pet friendly with reasonable fee. Cookies baked for later arriving guests. Lots of pillows for very comfortable kingsized bed. Indoor pool well insulated with roomy seating. Onsite, handson management gets things fixed quickly!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank servbusowner
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I frequently stay in hotels for my work and majority of them are pretty nice but lacking in one way or another. Whether it be the room, price, amenities, or service they are usually lacking. a coworker of mine recommended this hotel. And I must say this hotel far surpasses some of the higher priced hotels that I have stayed in. The price was fair, but the accommodations far exceeded my expectations. The hotel staff was friendly, professional and made my stay very pleasant. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I plan on staying at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank firebird0815
Reviewed January 25, 2009

I had a mix up when I checked in as they had given my room to someone else. They quickly corrected the error and gave me an upgrade to a bigger room at the same price. Very courteous and helpful front desk staff that did everything possible to make my stay perfect. Very nice rooms with a great bed and pillows. The best place I have stayed at in Hobbs.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo