“Home away from Home”

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Hobbs
portales, new mexico
“Home away from Home”
Reviewed August 11, 2010

it is so nice to be treated special, and for staff to go out of their way for you, manager himself went to turn air on while family was on their way. it was relaxing and a awesome experience thanks see you soon.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
lakewood, New Mexico
Reviewed July 23, 2010

If you are looking for somewhere to stay in Hobbs, New Mexico that has everything thing you need to rest, relax, have play time with the family or just relax by yourself without breaking your budget this is the place for you, it has everything you can imagine without an out of this world price. The economy is bad but you can still take that vacation or even a weekend trip and still have money to enjoy it if you stay at The Country Inn and Suites in Hobbs,NM i promise you will just love it there i know we sure did and the staff is beyond nice they treat you like family so if you are going through Hobbs or planning a trip check them out the are THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!! Tania McCormick

• Stayed July 2010
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I was unsure what to expect from Hobbs, NM, as I had never been there before. But this was a special weekend - traveling 325 to see Bret Michaels in concert at the Lea County Event Center. I was pleasantly surprised when we pulled up to The Country Inn & Suites. First of all, it was right across the street from our concert venue. Second of all, it was absolutely beautiful - from the floor to the ceiling. The furnishings, the linens, the marble bathroom - absolutely amazing AND clean!!! The service was just as wonderful. When we checked in we were given a list of dinner options and were even informed that Bret Michaels plane would be landing soon. Gotta love it!!!! Our breakfast the next morning was great, too - fresh fruit, juice, waffles and eggs - a perfect way to start off our long drive home. I would definately return to this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Ransom Canyon, Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Nice hotel with hot breakfast, clean rooms and extremely friendly staff. We were there 1 day and know the names of everyone we encountered at the hotel. Great location! Very close to the casino and right across the street from the Lea County Events Center. We highly recommend and will stay again next time I am in Hobbs.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Albuquerque
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I take short weekend trips to Hobbs for meetings and I like to stay at the Country Inn because it consistently has good service and is very clean.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Bryan, Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2010

This is the second stay at the Country Inn in Hobbs. Very nice, well maintained and clean. Rooms are spacious with two tvs! Breakfast is good

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Midland, Texas
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I read all the reviews for the places in Hobbs, NM and decided this one was my best bet. I think I made a mistake when booking a room at Country Inn and Suites. We stayed for 2 nights in a 1 bedroom suite. When we checked in we were given room 221. We parked the car and went up to the room, it seemed ok. I was impressed with it when first walking in. I go into the bedroom to set my stuff down and notice some white stains on the duvet cover. It was very disgusting and told me they do not wash their linens. I called the front desk and he offered to move me to another room and told me not to touch anything in that room and leave it like it was when we entered. So we changed rooms and this one had no visible stains on the bedding. I still had a bad feeling after that. We went to the WalMart there in Hobbs and I bought a 2 inch foam pad to cover the mattress. I asked the front desk for extra blankets to cover up with. The linens on the bed were very thin, almost worn looking but this place is fairly new, so obviously they are just extremely cheap linens. The walls in this hotel are thin as well. We could hear the people in the room above us walking around and in the middle of the night heard someone using the restroom and having a coughing fit.

The one bedroom suite is small but there was plenty of room for the two of us to stay comfortably. For the most part it did appear clean, except for some coffee stains on the dry bar by the coffee maker. Just needed to be wiped down. I believe there is room for improvement in the housekeeping department. The air conditioner worked great and kept the room nice and cool. The fridge wasn't very cold when we got in our room but we just turned it up and it worked fine. Be careful though, they leave a little notes saying to not turn the fridge up past a certain number of it could cause the compressor to overheat and if that happened you would be charged for it.

In the mornings they do serve a nice breakfast. They had sausage and eggs mixed together, toast, dry cereal, oatmeal packets, or you could make your own waffles. They offered apple juice, orange juice, milk and coffee to drink. I think they do well in that area and the dining area is nice and was clean in appearance.

On the morning of our second day I did take my concerns about the stained bedding to the management. The lady at the front desk called the manager and he was busy but she passed the phone to me and spoke with me briefly. He then said he would have the manager in the housekeeping department come talk to me. The lady I spoke with seemed very uncaring and just told me that they washed their duvet covers after every guest and that room must have just been skipped. I then told the lady at the front that I would be back later to speak with the manager in person. About 30 mins later the manager called me and said that after an investigation the stain on the duvet cover was found to be toothpaste. How exactly did they find that out? He apologized and said he would credit me for $50 IF I stayed the second night as reserved. They knew I wanted to check out early. We stayed.

Check out there is at noon. At 10 the last day we were still laying in bed when housekeeping walked in. They were wanting to clean our room already. She apologized and said she would come back. As we were down at the car loading it up I guess they assumed we were gone and starting cleaning the room because when I went back in to get the rest of our things there were 3 ladies in there cleaning, including the manager of the housekeeping department. The extra blankets I had requested 2 nights prior were already folded and one was back at the top of the closet...very obvious they DO NOT wash all the linens after every guest.

I know that most hotels dont want their linens but don't lie about it and dang sure make sure your staff can at least replace the ones that are dirty.

The hotel appears to be nice by just glancing but dont look deep down or you might get sick too. The management department needs to work on their customer service skills and the housekeeping department needs to chill on pusing guests out of their room early to clean it.

Will not stay here again or at any other Country Inn and Suites.

All in all it is an okay place if you dont mind poor customer service and your bring your own linens. I just had a horrible experience and dont want anyone else's stay to be ruined by this place. It is very close to the casino but that place was a joke and not worth wasting money on either!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple