“Had a great dinner, at a great place.”
Review of Sparky's

Sparky's
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Hatch
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Had a great dinner, at a great place.”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We decided to take the 30 minute drive to Sparks tonight...well worth the drive! We went with friends and we all loved our food! Very nice covered outside eating area as well! We will back when the weather is cooler with our pooches.

Visited August 2014

“Worth the stop. ”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

The first thing you'll notice about Sparky's is the decor. Lots of pictures and memorabilia every where. It's really a cool looking place inside and out. Take the time to really look around. The next thing you'll most likely notice is that it's going to be busy if it's around lunch time. That is to be expected though if you've ever eaten here. Sparky's burgers are the best you'll get. They're so good I'm willing to drive 3 hours from AZ just to have their famous green chilli cheese burger. And to wash this burger down, you must try the green chili lemonade. Fantastic! Everything we've had at Sparky's has been excellent. Beer battered chicken strips, smoked sausage (kielbasa) with BBQ sauce..... everything.
This is the place to go if you ever travel through Hatch. It'll be worth it. Enjoy!

Thank R. Thomas A
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Deservedly Famous”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Sparky's is the restaurant that people travel to get to, and for good reason. Their "world famous" is a green chile cheeseburger that is second to none. It tastes and smells as if it was grilled on an outdoor barbecue. The cheese is gooey and the chile is perfect. Not too hot for those who rarely partake of green chile. There are two indoor areas for seating, and some more tables outside. The parking seems to be across the street. You can't miss the place--it has a variety of giant statues on the building and in the parking lot, such as the A&W family on the roof, and a dinosaur in the parking lot. There is also live music on the weekends. Sparky's is fun and seriously good eating.

• Visited July 2014
Amarillo, Texas
“Simple, but very satisfied!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stopped at Sparky's on our way back from Tucson to Amarillo. We had noticed it on our way to Tucson but the time of day was not conducive to eating at the time, so we vowed to stop on our way back through. We weren't disappointed! Though parking is a bit of an issue, it is certainly worth the short struggle to find a good parking spot once you get inside.

The digs are simple and quaint. We were greeted by the counter order taker who promptly told us what they were famous for (because we asked) and so that's what we ordered. If someone is famous, I certainly want to find out from what they got their fame!!

We ordered the green chili cheese burger.....I might add.....one of the simplest, yet, best tasting burgers I've munched on in years. By simple, I mean.....this burger had a bun, a meat patty, a chili, some cheese and ...and.......well, that's all. No lettuce, no tomato, no onion, no mustard...nada....zip......zilch!!! Oh yes, it did have one more thing........FLAVOR!!!! Yummy to my tummy!!!

If you're ever in Hatch, NM, it's certainly worth a try!

• Visited July 2014
Anaheim
“Green chili cheeseburger”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

For the most part the green chili cheeseburger was ok. I've had better and I've had worse. The big surprise was to find they don't serve with any lettuce and tomato which is a deal breaker for me not ever going back. I thought at first they just missed it since the person in front of me ordered hers without the lettuce & tomato so I went and asked if I could have some in a napkin to be rudely informed there was none served there/ what you see is what you get.

• Visited November 2013