“A little sketchy?”

Days Inn & Suites Red Rock-Gallup
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
Reviewed July 20, 2014

As you may hear in my reviews, third-party bidding sites are hit-and-miss. This is a good example. I was on my way back to Florida from a long road-trip out west, and as a result of poor planning I found myself looking for a hotel room at the last minute. I have certain expectations of a two-star hotel, and while this location would appear to check off all the boxes, some of these things are just on the surface. For example, the rear entrance to the parking lot requires that you walk through the [very wet and busy] pool area to get inside the hallway. Not very well thought-out...imagine having to haul your luggage through that.

The hotel definitely needs some updating and sprucing up. A good deep-cleaning wouldn't hurt either, and neither would some security. There were a couple of questionable characters hanging out on my floor. I'm not going to say that I would *not* recommend this hotel, but I would certainly recommend that you look around and consider spending an extra $20 or $30 to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Falgoon P, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Red Rock-Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

I am so disappointed to hear that you were so dissatisfied with our accommodations and services and that our rating for your experience is so low. I am so disappointed to hear that you were so dissatisfied with our accommodations and services and that our rating for your experience is so low. This issue is being addressed with our staff and management. This issue is being addressed with our staff and management.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Falgoon P, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Red Rock-Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The check in staff was very friendly. When we got to the room, we were delighted at the two big beds and TV. We noticed that the carpet was not thoroughly clean and the table was broken and unstable. The WI-FI was not working with our Kindle Devices. The pillows were unforgiving, lumpy and hard. Breakfast was good. Only shampoo and bar-soap provided in room and the shampoo provided was open and was halfway gone.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Falgoon P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Red Rock-Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

We appreciate you giving your feedback about your recent experience in our hotel. We appreciate that you have taken the time to let us know how you perceived our accommodations, so we will look on the areas you are having slight issues with. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Falgoon P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Red Rock-Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We reserved our room and paid ahead 10+ days prior to arrival. We had 6 people and was to get a 2 queen plus sofa bed. When we arrived, they were out of those rooms and had no cots left. We squeezed 3 kids in a queen bed, but my teenage son had to sleep on floor. They didn't even offer to refund some of the money or act like they cared about the screw up. Will never go back!

Hello Miss Kim ,

I apologize for the unpleasant experience you experienced during your stay with us. I will submit your feedback and concerns to our management. I assure you they will look into the matter carefully and verify what took place that you were not accommodated as per your reservation. Please know that we take our guests’ concerns very seriously as we value your business.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

This hotel needs a lot of maintenance and a good cleaning both indoors and out. The pictures I've included are a few examples. Filthy windows and curtains, it didn't look like they'd swept or cleaned up the back parking area in ages. I spilled a little water on the white tiles in the bathroom, grabbed some toilet paper to wipe it up and even that came up nasty.

Will not return.

I'll end with saying the young man who checked us in was both polite and professional.

Room Tip: look elsewhere
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Falgoon P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Red Rock-Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Hello seasideArizona,

I apologize for the unpleasant experience you faced during your stay. We appreciate your candid review about the quality of clean in your room and the parking area. I will accelerate your feedback for evaluation and trust that this will be addressed immediately. We value your business and your satisfaction always comes first in our priority. Thank you for taking note of of the good services of our front desk staff. We hope to have you again in the future and allow us to serve you better.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Falgoon P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Red Rock-Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014