“Hard Nights Sleep”

Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Gallup
DOWNINGTOWN
“Hard Nights Sleep”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

The mattress was very hard. The shower did not work that morning and when I reported at the desk, she said she would tell the manager. The cost for staying here and not being able to shower was a waste of my money. It was however a clean room. The breakfast bar was okay but would skip as the bread was steal and coffee weak.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Falgoon P, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Red Rock-Gallup, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your review! I do apologize for any problems you have encountered in your room. This is not the level of service and accomodations we strive for at our hotel. If you are ever in the gallup area again passing through please give me a call directly at the hotel (505) 722-7600 so as i can guarantee your next stay is much more accomodating.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Prescott Valley, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

The beds were comfy but what good is that if the train tracks are across the street and running ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!! The room was decent, not great. Area is dumpy. Would never stay again. Just got home and can't wait to get some sleep!

Room Tip: Book another hotel that is not on Route 66...that is where the train tracks run.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Falgoon P, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Red Rock-Gallup, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your review! I do apologize if you we're not able to get a good nights sleep because of the train, however every hotel in Gallup is located along the train tracks. Next time you are in our area please give me a call and I will arrange a room located in the back of the hotel so you will not be able to hear the train.

Travelers are raving about these Gallup hotels

New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Good clean comfortable rooms
Booked online with Wyndham for 2 nights
Needed to extend my stay 2 more nights and front desk wanted $26 more a night
For the area the price was too high so I moved to another hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time and giving us a review. We hope to be able to serve your hotel needs in the future.
PHOENIX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

The best Days Inn I've stayed at. The lady who checked me in was personable and made me feel comfortable. The room was very nice and I felt secure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time and giving us a review, we hope to see you again whenever you are in the Gallup area.
Gainesville, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Had to stop by for one night and the bed was very comfortable, the breakfast was good and the staff was very nice. I was pleasantly surprised to see it had a refrigerator and microwave. I ordered Pizza and was able to keep it and warm some up a little later that evening. My room had a jetted tub, not sure if all of the rooms do, but it was another surprise that I really enjoyed after a hard day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I will pass your comments on to my staff. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you in the future.
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

We visited Gallup for a family reunion in September/2012. First of all, internet gives 3pm check-in time, when my sister presented early they told her to come back at 4 or 5. When we did come back at 4 to check-in, I was rudely accused of under-booking. Mind you, my sister who I was with had booked her own room. Do you think Mrs. Days Inn bothered to ask, No, it's easier to assume and argue with the customer. This hef told me "not to mouth off to her." We rented a total of 5 rooms at this POS hotel, of course we made the best of it because we were with family, but we weren't impressed. The ventilation was poor and the rooms felt musty. My other sister asked for more towels and was denied. Spoke with one of the employees and was told, "we have to share on vacuum for clean-up." So it didn't surprise me that they do NOT provide towels at their pool. Definately do NOT judge this hotel by it's cover/pictures!! NEVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: La Quinta or Holiday Inn Express...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marcella W
Falgoon P, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Red Rock-Gallup, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
First of all i would like to thank you for your review. I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I will make sure to pass this on to my staff. I hope you will give us another try next time you are in our area.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Nothing spectacular or terrible about this hotel. Not bad for a night's sleep. Very pet friendly which was great since I was traveling with my cat and 65lb dog. I would stay there again but not longer than a night or two.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank AnnWG
Thank you for your review! I am glad we could accommodate you and your pet! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Gallup area.