Days Inn & Suites Red Rock-Gallup
  • Restaurant
$88
$84
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe room was nicebeds were comfortableindoor poolnice stayhistoric routewould stay againgreat place to stayone night staystaff was friendlypet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2012

During our family's relocation from the West Coast to the East Coast, we had to get our three dogs to our new home. I spent hours researching so-called "pet-friendly" hotels before we set off on our 5-day journey. I ran into the "pet-friendly" label many times, but the fine print said, "Max 2 pets" or "Max weight 20 pounds." Where can we stay with our three 35- to 70-pound four-footed family members? I called this place and was informed there was a fee per pet, but no limit to the number or size. Upon arrival, we were very pleasantly surprised. The lobby is clean, front-desk assistance was friendly and welcoming. There is an area to walk your pets, and I took each of ours for a run around the hotel a couple of times for exercise before bedtime. Beds were comfortable. My daughter and I were very happy with this stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, very near the front of the hotel. Very convenient to the dog-walking area.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AZSportyMom
Falgoon P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Red Rock-Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you for your review! We strive to take care of each and every guest and we understand that pets are like family for most guests. I will make sure to pass on your comments to our staff.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Worst night of 4 nights on road trip from NOLA to CALI.
Just give me a good bed and pillow and quiet!
Didn't get any of the above. Mattress was covered with plastic, thought I was in a nursing home.
It continued to crackle 10 seconds after I got up.
FOUR PILLOWS? Just give me ONE decent one!
Thought I was next to the Kennedy Space Center; BNSP goes by every few minutes, awesome!
Paid for 8 hours of sleep, might have gotten 1!

Room Tip: Get as far away from train as possible. Ask for bed without plastic cover and one good pillow, not four little fluffers.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Falgoon P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Red Rock-Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you for your review! I do apologize about the train noise we are right across the track as every hotel in gallup is, if you do come our way next time please let me know and i can arrange a room for you facing the back away from the railroad and also i can arrange for the plastic to be taken off the mattress and a different aray of pillows for you to choose from.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

adequate, not spectacular, beds marginal comfort, clean rooms and baths
one issue, was routinely approached by inebriated people in parking lot who were not staying at motel and were begging for money- no security seen, female companion was very uncomfortable at times

Room Tip: stay as far from train tracks as possible- south side
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank uckbuck
Falgoon P, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Red Rock-Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you for your review! I will pass on your comment about the cleanliness to our hotel housekeeping staff. I want to apologize for your companion feeling uncomfortable at times gallup does have a problem with panhandling. hopefully next time your in town we can get you a room closer to the desk as to make you and your companion feel more secure.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Was traveling for business and stopped in here with out a reservation. Was told this used to be BW and now a Wyndham (Days Inn).

Requested quiet, ground floor room and got one. Wi-Fi worked great, nice indoor pool and jacuzzi to unwind in.

Very clean and spacious bathroom and comfortable beds. Close to Red Rock Park and lots of restaurants, very scenic area. Breakfast is very good, more then just donuts...had waffles, eggs, oatmeal and other things. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you for your Review! I will relay to my staff what a good job they are doing and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Mr. Patel

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Only the phone number was the same. Called from the road to book the room. Fellow who took the reservation had an accent and was very hard to understand. I confirmed the address and used our gps to find the place. GPS said you have arrived but there was no BW to be found. Drove a couple of miles into town and called again. The fellow told us how to get back on track and we turned around and still didn't find it. Called again and asked him if the Best Western sign could be seen from the street. He says, We are no longer a BW and we don't have a sign yet. Yikes! You might want to mention that to people who are lost. Once we finally found the hotel without a sign, it was very nice. The fellow at the desk was vague and not very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank donnawho
Falgoon P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Red Rock-Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Thank you for your review! I am sorry that you had a hard time finding us our main sign is not yet up, but our little monument signs outside are. I am also sorry that our desk clerk was vague and not very helpful, I will most definately bring this up to our desk staff. We want to help every guest in the best way we can and i apologize again since this was not done.