“Great quality for value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Gallup

Red Roof Inn Gallup
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Gallup
Sedona, Arizona
“Great quality for value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Our group stays at the Red Roof each year for a week while doing a Bible camp in the area. Again this year, our stay was great. The quality for the price can't be beat in Gallup. The rooms have all been refurbished over the last few years - bed was comfortable, lighting very good. The property had many pots of beautiful flowers all around the entrance. We found all the staff members to be very friendly and helpful. It just doesn't have the feel of a 'budget' hotel.

Room Tip: We prefer rooms on the inside corridor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for your kind review of our property and of your coninued patronage; we really value loyal guests such as you and your group! We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Actually was planning to stay next door at the motel 6, I have pets so I frequent motel 6 due to the easy pet policy. But it was fourth of July, motel 6 was packed so I went next door and a really pleasant lady checked me into what turned out to be a BEAUTIFUL room. Compared to motel 6 this a very well equipped room with FREE WiFi, fridge, microwave, actual breakfast, and NICE hdtvs. Plus they were only like ten bucks more. And they have a similar pet policy to motel 6. They have actual truck parking too in the back. My ONLY complaint is the parking situation got bad at night with cars taking up the truck spots abs busy parking wherever they wanted... but I think this hotel getting that full is a rarity and was mostly due to the holiday. great place loved it. Missed the breakfast, was to busy sleeping lol.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Crystal L
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
It was so nice to read your positive review! Other than the full parking lot, I am glad you found everything to your liking. Our staff puts a lot of time and effort into making our motel welcoming, convenient, clean, comfortable and of course, affordable. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our pet friendly policy and that you enjoyed the additional amenities we offer in each of our rooms. We hope that we will see you again in the near future!
Elkhart, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Driving home from San Francisco my husband and I stopped here. The price was great, the amenities were great, but man,did the room reek like smoke. We aren't smokers and when we booked were not given a choice between smoking or non-smoking rooms. We had no idea that there would even BE smoking rooms. Ended up driving into town to buy febreeze just so we could stand it. This is a nice hotel but get with the times and make your rooms non-smoking. Guests can smoke outside and not destroy your rooms and your reputation! Everything else about the room I loved, but the smell makes your rooms seem dirty even if they look clean. Great shower with great pressure and hot water. Loved the soap!

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
I am so sorry to hear that you were put in a room type which wasn't suitable to your needs! We have had problems with one website in particular that does not give our guests the option to choose a non-smoking room. When that happens, we are happy to move our guests to a non-smoking room if one is available, but unfortunately sometimes they are all occupied.

We are in the process of making our rooms 100% smoke free which will hopefully eliminate that problem in the future, however it is a long process to completely remove the smell from the room. Our goal is to have this done completely by December 31, 2014. So I hope you will give us another try then. I am glad you enjoyed everything else about the motel, we really appreciate your feedback!

Travelers are raving about these Gallup hotels

Irving, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I haven't even stayed here. I called to see if I can check in early and was told no. I'm driving from Nevada to Texas and this is my halfway point. How are travelers supposed to get a few hours sleep if they aren't allowed to check in before 2pm? I'm not going to sit in my car for 4 hours!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I am so sorry you were inconvenienced by the check-in time. It is motel policy that we must establish a check-in time which allows for the rooms to be fully cleaned after the previous guests have checked-out. Since check-out time is 11:00 a.m. this gives us a couple hours to thoroughly clean the room and check to see if there is anything in need of repair before the next guest checks in. If you arrive at our property before 2:00 p.m., we may be able to check you in early, but that isn't something we can promise ahead of time since there are so many things that factor in to a room being available. I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused you!
Temecula, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Traveled on the I-40 with the family. Stopped here for a night, mistake.

Requested a first floor via our reservation, didn't get it. Reserved king room, didn't get it, no elevator with young kids in pouring rain... yea.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael D
I am so sorry you had a negative experience with us! I can imagine how frustrating that circumstance would have been for you. If you have a moment, please email us at i0530@redroof.com and let us know how you booked your room; whether it was through a website such as expedia or booking.com or if it was directly through the motel so I can pinpoint where the problem came from. I would like to prevent it from happening again in the future. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback and I hope the rest of your trip is more pleasant.
Kenosha, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I must say, I am glad that we found this little hidden gem last night! My daughter and I are returning from the West coast and we need a place to crash! We left AZ a little late in the day and by the time we crossed the border, we knew we couldn't make it to Albuquerque for the night! The gentleman who checked us in was AWESOME! Very patient and easy to joke with (didn't know my plate number but told him unless 50 pink cars show up, we should be fine lol). The only disappointment was the waffles were not available, granted to me, a continental breakfast is donuts and coffee, but again as I have said in other reviews I don't really stay for the breakfast! But what was odd, the waffles didn't have an out of order sign on it when we checked in, but did when we checked out. Oh, and my daughter said the "dainty" muffins looked gross! Also, sometime in the night our bathroom light went out, which made it difficult as the door opened so you could watch tv, but not get any other light (ie by the sink). The King room layout is weird, perfect for one person not two, and we only had one set of towels . But, overall a very nice hotel!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank SwannysWB
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
I am so glad to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your experience at our motel despite a few inconveniences that you experienced; the waffle machine is up and running again, I am very sorry it was down when you were here. I will definitely have someone look into the light in the bathroom. It makes me very happy to see that our front desk staff made you feel so welcome, I will be sure and mention it to him. When you come back to Gallup I hope we will get the opportunity to provide you with an even better stay than you experienced this time. Have a safe trip!
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We were just looking for a place to stay in Gallup. One night only as it was just a travel stop to another location. It is on the West side of town, attractive, close to a local tasty donut place we enjoyed, and an excellent value for the money. It is not a brand new facility but very clean and had all we needed. We would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank go_tourist
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Although our property isn't a brand new building, we do our best at keeping it well-maintained so that it can still be a comfortable and attractive option without the high price tag. I am also glad to know you enjoyed the nearby donut shop; we are partial to it as well. Enjoy the remainder of your trip and we hope to see you again soon!