“Nice, Clean, Quiet”

Red Roof Inn Gallup
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
Reviewed December 21, 2013

When traveling cross county and looking for an economical place to stay with no surprises, it's always nice to find a location that provides a restful sleep in a clean, modernized room. My experience at this RRI filled the bill. Not expecting to have not only a desk when I could both watch TV and access my email with the free WiFi that was provided in the price of the room, there was actually an outlet provided on the desk lamp for my laptop! No stretching my electrical cord across the room to reach a solitary outlet. There was a continental breakfast provided in the lobby, but I never get up early enough to get there in time - not a morning person. As of my visit, I would recommend this location, however, I do recall that there was limited parking due to a lot of trucks and vans. Apparently there was some work going on locally (perhaps oil workers?) that tie up a lot of the rooms in town, and thus many of the parking spaces. I was traveling in late October and was surprised that available rooms were scarce.

Room Tip: I did call ahead while on the road to make sure there was a room left. Had to leave a credit card nu...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank GreggL14
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thank you so much for using some of your valuable time to leave us positive feedback! I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit here and that the room was to your liking. Maybe next time you will be able to sample the breakfast as well. We wish you a safe arrival to your destination and hopefully we will see you again in your future travels.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

The team member in the lobby, Vivian, was great! She quickly refilled continental breakfast items, managed phones, answered questions, and took care of check-outs all with a smile. She also figured out how to adjust my total to include AAA rate. Very accommodating!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Tlephant

We're so glad you had a positive experience here and we will relay your comments to Vivian. Thank you for your patronage and for taking the time to give us your feedback; it really helps us to make sure we are taking care of our guests to their satisfaction. We hope you will come by and see us again!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Great for a stopver. Excellent staff. Rooms recently renovated, appreciate that the carpet was removed and wood laminate floors installed. Fridge, microwave, flat screen tv and free wi-fi. Bed and pillows were comfy. Excellent price. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank WeLuvARoadTrip
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback! I love the new rooms too, especially the flooring; it is so gratifying to hear that you like them as well. We look forward to serving you the next time you come through Gallup. Thanks for choosing Red Roof Inn and have safe travels!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stopped for one night while on the way to California. It is easy access from I-40 but is on the far west side of Gallup. The night clerk was friendly and checked us in very quickly. I was pleasantly surprised when I entered the room. It was clean, comfortable and appears updated. Had a microwave, mini fridge and coffee pot. Also had a pretty decent hair dryer. They offer a free continental breakfast that is fairly limited but good to get you going for the day. I will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stephanie N
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

I am so glad you found our rooms to be satisfactory; we have been updating them and are glad that you noticed. I know there are many motels/hotels to choose from in Gallup and I am so thankful you decided to give us a try. I hope all your travels are safe ones and I, along with all the staff will look forward to serving you on your next visit to or through Gallup.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Nice stopping point between Flag & ABQ ~ as much as we enjoy the beautiful lights as you descend into Albuquerque on a night drive, sometimes we are just too tired & this Red Roof Inn in Gallup has become a favorite. Flat screen TV w/lots of channels, fridge/micro, free wifi with good signal. Room is clean and beds are comfortable with decent linens & actual fitted bottom sheets. A great value ~ not fancy but certainly much nicer than your usual "bargain" motels. If you want a real breakfast you'll probably want to plan on visiting a restaurant, but otherwise it's obvious they are trying very hard to upgrade & maintain the property. Patricia & Vivian at the front desk deserve honorable mention ~ wish all Red Roof Inns were this clean & staffed with such friendly & helpful personnel :-)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LINDA H

It was so nice to see your positive comments, I appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. All of us value your continued patronage! I will make sure to relay your positive comments to Patricia and Vivian. We will look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Checking the reviews it was apparent there had been a recent shift for the better at the Red Roof Inn in Gallup. We liked the reasonable price and easy location from the freeway and were not looking for a Rt 66 experience on this trip.

The staff was very friendly and quick to help us check in. We requested a ground floor room because we like the outside doors and parking right at the door of the room. The room we were given was on the back side of the hotel, (supposed to be more train noise on that side), but would have been fine and was spotless and freshly updated, but was a recently converted smoking room and the smell was still too strong for us. Back to the office and they very quickly changed us to another room up front just down from the office, (103). Much the same condition, minus the smoke smell, so excellent.

Great sleep on the king bed and loved the new hard floors! No more scary carpet! Everything was clean and the room had the trifecta of fridge/micro/coffee maker along with iron and hair dryer, new flat screen TV and a great desk layout.

The breakfast area is small, but they do have plans to upgrade that as well. Our only thing we would have liked that was missing was a second chair in the room. Would definitely aim for the Red Roof again any time we need to stop in Gallup!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side are quieter. Rm #103, (king n/s room) has the stair well right in front of...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Eric V
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for taking some time to leave us feedback, we are so pleased that you had a nice stay with us and that you liked the new rooms (we think they're great too). We realize that our property isn't perfect, but we are always trying to upgrade and make improvements; it makes us happy that our efforts haven't gone un-noticed. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Gallup! Thank you for your business and your positive review!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

stayed here twice in October - 2 nights each time on the way to and from other areas of NM. Clean room, provided what we needed. Didn't try the breakfast as it was offered in the reception area and whenever I looked there was quite a gathering waiting to get to the coffee and whatever else was on offer. The receptionist did invite me to take things back to my room - I'm not sure where else we could have eaten it - but we gave it a miss as it was easier to get in the car and go out and buy the same without the queuing. If passing through Gallup again I would definitely still use this motel - on the outer edges of the town but easy to find and provided everything we needed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for your nice review! I am glad you found our property to your liking. I know the breakfast area is cramped at the moment and am very sorry that this prevented you from eating here...we are hoping to expand our breakfast area in the near future, so hopefully you will be able to eat with us if your travels bring you to Gallup again. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to leave a review. Have a safe trip back home!