“Recent Updating, Great Value and Sleep”

Red Roof Inn Gallup
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
Ivins, Utah
“Recent Updating, Great Value and Sleep”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Checking the reviews it was apparent there had been a recent shift for the better at the Red Roof Inn in Gallup. We liked the reasonable price and easy location from the freeway and were not looking for a Rt 66 experience on this trip.

The staff was very friendly and quick to help us check in. We requested a ground floor room because we like the outside doors and parking right at the door of the room. The room we were given was on the back side of the hotel, (supposed to be more train noise on that side), but would have been fine and was spotless and freshly updated, but was a recently converted smoking room and the smell was still too strong for us. Back to the office and they very quickly changed us to another room up front just down from the office, (103). Much the same condition, minus the smoke smell, so excellent.

Great sleep on the king bed and loved the new hard floors! No more scary carpet! Everything was clean and the room had the trifecta of fridge/micro/coffee maker along with iron and hair dryer, new flat screen TV and a great desk layout.

The breakfast area is small, but they do have plans to upgrade that as well. Our only thing we would have liked that was missing was a second chair in the room. Would definitely aim for the Red Roof again any time we need to stop in Gallup!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side are quieter. Rm #103, (king n/s room) has the stair well right in front of...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Eric V
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking some time to leave us feedback, we are so pleased that you had a nice stay with us and that you liked the new rooms (we think they're great too). We realize that our property isn't perfect, but we are always trying to upgrade and make improvements; it makes us happy that our efforts haven't gone un-noticed. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Gallup! Thank you for your business and your positive review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
South Oxfordshire, UK
Reviewed October 20, 2013

stayed here twice in October - 2 nights each time on the way to and from other areas of NM. Clean room, provided what we needed. Didn't try the breakfast as it was offered in the reception area and whenever I looked there was quite a gathering waiting to get to the coffee and whatever else was on offer. The receptionist did invite me to take things back to my room - I'm not sure where else we could have eaten it - but we gave it a miss as it was easier to get in the car and go out and buy the same without the queuing. If passing through Gallup again I would definitely still use this motel - on the outer edges of the town but easy to find and provided everything we needed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for your nice review! I am glad you found our property to your liking. I know the breakfast area is cramped at the moment and am very sorry that this prevented you from eating here...we are hoping to expand our breakfast area in the near future, so hopefully you will be able to eat with us if your travels bring you to Gallup again. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to leave a review. Have a safe trip back home!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Well having checked out of the Palazzo in Las Vegas this was quite a lot different to say the least. Being English I have to say that this place looks much like every motel we see in America programmes on TV - normally because Earl is living there with his brother Randy or because CSI are investigating something - so I half expected a body in the pool the next morning - thankfully not!

We arrived in the dark and picked this place mainly because they had availability and it was cheap. The rooms were clean and functional with air-conditioning and a good sized TV.

I was on the first floor and the only issue I had was that the whole room shook when someone walked past outside. I slept reasonably well and we left first thing in the morning and whilst we looked at the "continental" breakfast we opted to leave it.

Overall, good value and I'd stay at a Red Roof Inn again based on this first experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank earltubthumper
We are glad to hear that our property met your needs. We are always trying to upgrade and improve so that our guests can enjoy optimal comfort; we may not ever be the Palazzo, but we'll work on that for you. I hope you have enjoyed your travels here and that you have a safe trip home.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I read the reviews for this hotel and was very skeptical. What a pleasant surprise. I had a king bed, great bedding laminate flooring, flat screen tv, microwave, fridge and desk with a real desk chair. I know this seems silly, but it was the first hotel where I didn't need my own toilet paper. Also, he staff was very attentive, pleasant, helpful and just plain nice. This is a great hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Squeak505
Thank you so much for such a nice review! We are striving to give our guests the best accomadation possible at low prices so it makes us very happy that you felt that way! We hope you will come back to us again in your travels so we can continue giving you the service that you deserve. Have a safe trip!
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed based on reviews, and were very pleased! Loved the updated room, great paint choice. :-) Bed could be firmer, (personal choice) but that's about it. Breakfast was small but offered warm and cold choices so most will find something they like. Will definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank vickylynne2005
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review! We are so pleased that you like the new rooms; we are partial to them also. It makes us happy when our guests are able to leave here with a great experience because that is always our goal. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are passing through Gallup! Have a safe trip!
Reviewed September 30, 2013

If this is representative of all Red Roof Inns. Such an awful odor. I don't think the carpet has ever been cleaned. Probably my last use of this chain. Have pets but there is NO excuse for this. I would rather pay $100 & know my room is clean.

• Stayed September 2013
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
We are terribly sorry you had a bad experience here. The Red Roof Inn properties maintain high standards for cleanliness and we try to uphold those which includes having our carpets cleaned on a regular basis. We are very sorry if the room you had was lacking in that regard. Please accept our sincere apologies and our hopes that you won't give up on the Red Roof Inn. We encourage our guests to alert us immidiately if their rooms are not satisfactory and we try to make any changes that will make them more comfortable. I am sorry this didn't happen for you. I wish you safe and happy future travels, and again, I apologize for any frustration that your stay here caused to you.

Travelers are raving about these Gallup hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I am all for traveling on a budget, but this hotel was absolutely horrific. The room was dirty, the property poorly maintained, and the breakfast bar they offered was terrible. This was a disappointment since this hotel advertises a "full breakfast" instead of a continental breakfast. Completely misleading! Additionally, I requested a non-smoking room, but you'd never know it! My room was so smoky that I had a hard time sleeping. There was no elevator, and for someone who needs one, this proved to be quite a challenge. There are other options worth exploring. If you can, stay elsewhere or keep driving!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I'm so sorry your experience here was not the pleasant, enjoyable one that you deserve. We pride ourselves in doing our best and training our staff to do the same, so we are truly sorry the cleanliness of your room didn't meet your expectations and in turn did not meet our expectations. If any advertisements for our business were misleading in their description of the type of breakfast we offer, we are so sorry. We try to be clear and only advertise that we have a free continental breakfast, however some websites only give us the option of stating whether we do or do not offer free breakfast but do not allow us to be more specific than that. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused you. I hope your future travels are pleasant ones.