Red Lion Hotel Gallup
  • Restaurant
$94
Hampton.com
Hotwire.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Our travel agent made a mistake so when we got to our destination there was no room available. Thankfully Red Lion had a room and as it turned out was much nicer than the motel we were supposed to be booked in. Great breakfast with eggs, sausage, waffles, cereals, etc. quiet large rooms with plenty of space. A nice restaurant and bar on site. Would definitely recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Better not to get a room adjoining the pool because some swimmers can be noisy
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank santafake
Chuck E, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you so much. I am sorry your travel agent messed up, but I am so happy we were able make you feel welcome and comfortable. Please stay with us on your next trip through Gallup.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel (July 4,5,6, 2013). There was no wait upon check in. The front desk was very nice and we have zero complaints with them.
Arriving to our room it appeared to be an average hotel room until we went in the bathroom and there was dirt on the floors in the corner. We didn't think it was to big of a deal.I decided to take a quick shower and that's when the trouble began. The tub just wasn't draining right. I had to wash my hair then shut off the shower and let it drain, and the soap down, and shut the shower off to let it drain, etc. Took about an hour for me to get through the shower part and then another 15 min for the water to drain. When it was drained I saw 2 dead cockroaches by the drain. Disgusted I called the front desk and they put us in a different room.
This second room smelled better and the water drained the way it should. In the bathroom of this room there was mold up in the corner. This is a 2 star hotel, but I'm pretty sure mold shouldn't be in ANY hotel. The mini refrigerator did not work in this room and they had to bring us another one, and this one worked fine.
The WiFi would not work on our smart phones and on the laptop it kept shutting down. I e-mail Red Lion twice about this to see if something else needed to be done beside using their password but they just told me to go to the front desk and ask them. I told them to forget it because I had bother them enough and didn't want to keep complaining.
We did not plan on using the pool and that was good because it was closed?
I was pretty shocked to see 2 fire extinguisher boxes that were empty.The best thing about this hotel was the front desk.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mccrayr

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all guests reviews. I am sorry you had the problems with your room. The fire equipment had been ordered and we were waiting for the arrival of the package. We still had plenty of fire stations, so our guests were always safe.

The room has been checked with housekeepers and maintenance and needed items were taken care of.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Gallup seems to consist of one very, very long strip of hotels, diners etc. - it's facing the railway tracks too! We were pre-booked into this hotel so didn't have a choice but it is waaaay at the end of town. After a long day driving we didn't relish driving out again for dinner so we ate in the restaurant. Food was average but the service, whilst very friendly, was bizarre to say the least - while we were in the middle of our main course the waitress asks us if we'd like desserts! It's a large hotel with not many customers and it makes for a sad, lonely atmosphere. Didn't use the pool but our room did look out on to it! Room was enormous and clean. I'm sure there are better, more central hotels than this one.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry you felt our hotel was lonely. In our area, hotels are not always busy with guests, but we appreciate each guest. Due to the way our hotel is built, guests do not hear the train that goes through Gallup 24 hours per day, we have had many guests that really appreciated that fact. I hope you give you another try on your next trip.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is a very worn hotel. Everything is worn. The carpet is literally threadbare, the bed sheets are worn thin. The bathroom is more or less clean but it all needs to replaced. The beds are triple-sheeted but one top sheet was dirty - not sure with what. Towels are scratchy.

I've stayed in Red Lions before and they were fine. Not this one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Dionna D, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2014

thank you for your comments. Im sorry you didint enjoy your stay. i wanted to let you know that we are in the process of renivating our rooms and hotels. this will take some time to accomplish. i will take your comments back to our staff and management company. thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We booked this hotel for a six night stay during the Natl Jr High Rodeo Finals ... We initially had several people tell us not to stay on this side of town, but due to expenses we decided to try it. The girl in reception, I think her name was Ashley, was very friendly and helpful the several times I talked to her. We found no problem on the west side of town, and just being four girls we felt safe and enjoyed our stay. No train noise and a convenient location. The hotel is certainly older, but our room was clean, roomy, and comfortable. There is no elevator, but only two floors, and stairs were not a problem. The hot breakfast that was included was good I thought, we never tried the restaurant though so can't say about that. The indoor pool was not the best, our teenage girls said it was pretty slick on the bottom and water was cloudy, but I think indoor pools are iffy anyway. The maid staff was very friendly and helpful. If you are expecting a 5 star hotel for this price then you will be disappointed, but if you just need moderate but clean accommodations I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your time and compliments. We are happy your stay was positive. We look forward to you and your family returning.