“Not that Bad!:)” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Gallup
Kirtland, New Mexico
“Not that Bad!:)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Customer service was great! The ladies at the front were friendly. I ask for a king size bed and they put me in a suite with one for the same price. Had a nice place to relax and have a drink! The lady at Rookies was also nice! Breakfast was hot and good. Well be visiting again soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank alwaysonthego505
Joan H, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Gallup, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are in the process of updating our fitness center. We are aware that it is not at the place we want it to be for our guests. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Gallup.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I just read some of the comments on here. Good thing it was after our stay. My wife and I spent the night here last evening. We were drop ins. The front desk clerk was very nice, and very accommodating. We were surprised to find the room was actually a nice suite, with a small seating area in it. While the hotel is not brand new, it is in good condition. Very good, new shower head, crisp clean linens, nice towels etc. The pool area is very nice, and indoors. Easily the biggest space I have ever seen for an indoor pool.

We had dinner in the dining room, the enchiladas were very good, breakfast was decent, not great.

The only bummer was the fitness area. We like to get in a decent aerobic workout before we hit the road. When we got to the workout center, both the treadmill and the stepper were broken! They need to invest in some better equipment. All in all however, a very good spot.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Joan H, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Gallup, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
I would like to thank you for your review. We appreciate guests that let us know what kind of job we are doing and we are greatly rewarded by your comments.
Avery, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I made a reservation the night before. When I got there, after a long drive, I was told they had my reservation but no room for me! Huh?!?!? I returned to my car and started looking through my AAA book for another alternative. Then a young man came out of the hotel and told me they did have a room (the desk clerk did not come out). So I went back in and was told they did have a room. I had asked for a first floor room in my reservation as there is no elevator. I was put on the second floor. The room was okay, clean enough. I ate dinner in the restaurant there, which was okay. Nothing special. In the morning, there was only one coffee packet for a single serve coffee machine. I called down and asked for another. They told me I'd have to come and get it myself. Not sure how they thought one packet of coffee was enough for a room with 2 queen sized beds...? Very surly staff throughout.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Kathyb156
Thank you for your review. We appreciate any review due to the fact that shows us what happened at that moment in time. I am sorry about your reservation not showing in the computer system, usually that is not a problem, however the night you were here we were sold out. I did find out that the gentleman that came out to let you know we had resloved the problem was actually our employee. The management that was here sent him out to get you so you would not have to go searching for a room in the town, as everything was sold out. I am sorry for the problems you did have and I hope you will give us a chance the next time you are in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Gallup hotels

Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Desk clerk puts me on hold for a long time, then transfers me to national reservations...after three tries get a room. When I check in no one is anywhere near the lobby, but the manager and two desk clerks are standing there. I ask why they couldn't make a reservation for me, and am told "We're busy." Put us on the second floor. No elevator. I mention wife's bunged-up leg, to no avail. All public areas smell very strongly of burn-the-nostrils mildew. Food service guy totally overwhelmed, food comes out lukewarm to cold to way undercooked. There's more. Did I mention the homeless guy by the side door they sent us to? The scary homeless guy? Indoor pool area/meeting area completely dark, yet is the way to the rooms. There are a lot of options in Gallup, I'm sure ALL are better than this place. Only reason we stayed at this hotel was we couldn't get a room at the HIE or Quality Inn. I normally don't write negative reviews, but this place deserves it.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank marcosgoodrich
I would like to thank you for your review. When you came into the hotel, the two people that were at the front desk were restarting the computer in order to get to the reservatin program. The entire town was sold out and the only rooms we had were upstairs. We would have been happy to given you a downstairs, if in fact we had had one.
Please give us another chance the next time you are in the area.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had to move in the early morning hours due to a rude guest that kept his television on as loud as it would go all night. The night clerk was no help. We reported the trouble. The clerk said she would call the guest, but did not until my wife went down to ask her to while she was standing there. The phone rang 5 times and then stopped. I went next door and the television was even louder in the hallway. I knocked several times and got no answer. The desk clerk offered another room, but it was not clean so we had to get another. We finally got in the room at 3:00 am. We were up at 7:00 Am the next day. When checking out I ask to see the manager, I was told that she did not come in until 9:00 am. I left a number to be called at, but we have had no contact,
I will never return. That was too much money for such a lousy night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Ron M
I am very sorry you had the problems you mentioned in your review. I advised the clerk that was on duty that night to call the police anytime there is a problem like the one you described. As at any hotel, our guests come from all over the country and sometimes, they do not realize that music is too loud. Even though the room had been called several times the guests did not turn down the volume. I am sorry that you did not get the sleep that you wanted.

Thank you for making me aware of the situation.
Ball Ground, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

We checked in on Sept 14th for one night. Frendly staff and very clean room. The breakfast was pretty good and, all and all, I think the motel was will worth the money. That is about all I can say about it, I would stay there again when I am in Gallup. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind words. We want to make each of our customers happy while at the hotel. Thank you.
Tn
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have stayed at this place many times when it was a Best Western. In some of the rooms they have very cheap and old mattresses from many years ago. Some of rooms do have new thick mattresses but I was not lucky enough to get one this time. The restaurant while still ok has new owners and was not as good as it was in the past. It used to be great which was the main reason I stayed here. Having said that, I the rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. They still offer a pleasant room at a fair price. If you go to bed early get a room that is not facing the pool. I heard kids screaming in the pool area while getting in bed. The tvs are from many years ago and are a bit blurry but have a decent number of channels. Overall, not my best stay here I will most likely find a new place in the future.

Room Tip: see my review
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are in the process of new mattresses in the few rooms that do not have them as of this time. I am sorry that your room was not one of the rooms that has been upgraded.

Thank you for your time and your review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what areas we need to improve upon.

I always use the reviews as a building block for us to learn.