Super 8 Gallup
  • Room Service
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewssmelled mustyplenty of hot waterlas vegaslarge roombnsfchannelsfi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Great Management! Clean room and great service. I have stayed there for 3 weeks now and have no complaints and no plans on moving out! Good breakfast and overall a friendly place. There are plenty of choice in Gallup NM and I have been here since June of this year, stayed at multiple hotels and by far this is the "Best Value"! As a matter of fact all my companies employees we will stay at this Super 8.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2012

we picked this because we wanted a pool...we should have looked at it before paying i guess .it was so dirty we chose not to use it, it had a horrible floating scum that the light coming in picked up nicely.the rest was just the usual not great but ok for one night seen way worse

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This was a hotel a motel prices. Room was clean and everything worked, owner/operator was friendly...even when our pooch mischievously peed on the bed oops! Breakfast was ok and coffee was always available. My issue was that is was an unsavory area and the train beeps as it passes by the window so bring earplugs! Our dogs were welcome and we even got AAA discount!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I was given a really tuff time at check in and was told to call super 8 800 number as i had several reservations. I stayed here for 10 days. Towels were like sandpaper, didn't get coffee or shampoo everyday. Rooms are tired and need revamping. I could never get the room below 75 degrees and was so hot the entire stay. Bird started chirping at 3 am. I was exhausted. The hotel parking lot was behind a closed convenient store. Car was safe, just worried the entire time as Gallup, is not the nicest town to begin with. Just seems like super 8 would make their hotels live up to some standard.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This was our choice for an overnight stop while traveling west on I40. Big mistake. It's only redeeming feature was that it had a pool. We felt ripped off when they tacked an extra $10 to the coupon. The room featured several defects--we couldn't turn the hair dryer off, handles on faucets were loose or broken, spackle on quick patched walls, the moulding was coming loose, and very critically, that back entrance to the interior corridor would not lock. SAFETY ISSUE! It was very clear to me that the owner and/or operator was only doing the bare minimum of upkeep. At least no bugs, or none that we noticed.

Breakfast's at Super 8's are rarely impressive, this was about at that level, although my needs are usually simple, a bagle or english muffin, my wife had tea, the kids had cereal.

Another reviewer commented on noise from the trains, yes this motel is right across from the train tracks, and trains run all night. On the one hand, it's most of the motels on this west end of the business loop/"Route 66" have the same or similar problem. But given that this motel is so cheap, I can't help but wonder if other motels have better soundproofing.

There are dozen's of other choices in Gallup, from other chains, plus several of the "Rt 66" era motels. Choose someplace else.

Room Tip: Stay on the east end of the "Rt 66" strip to minimize train noise
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family