“Nice hotel on cross-country move”

Hampton Inn & Suites Gallup
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Was moving from the East coast to start a new job in Phoenix and had only my small Honda Fit and what I could fit in it with me. I had been driving 14 hours that day and it was getting late. I wouldn't make it all the way to my new apartment that night so I decided to call it a night at Gallup, NM. Luckily, this was the first hotel I stopped there and it easily met my needs. Real safe, even with a car filled with all my stuff. Clean, convenient, and just what I needed to get ready for another day of driving. Would recommend to other travelers, wherever the final destination.

Room Tip: I was too tired too notice but I don't think there's any "bad" room anywhere in th...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I came back, and I am coming back again. Highly recommend it. It's conveniently located, quiet, excellent service....I came after 2 nights at the Hyatt Regency in Albuquerque last time and this place is far, far better. I look forward to my next trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank travelwriterBoston
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Long drive and happy to have found friendly staff and clean and comfortable kingsize room. Hot tea and coffee in the lobby very nice to take to the room and enjoyable breakfast in the AM. Ask for top floor if available in case of noisey upstairs neighbors.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Decent stay at the usual brand. Concierge didnt recognize Hilton Honors members or request for high floor away from elevator. Room was average with a confusing and frustrating ventilation system. Walls seemed thin at this spot and we heard little kids bouncing around at all hours of the night. Overall not bad, room was clean, nothing to complain about. Just average.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Really nothing special about this hotel, but I have nothing bad to say. It was clean, the beds were comfortable and everything worked. My husband liked the biscuits & gravy at breakfast.
The hard boiled eggs were almost impossible to peel. Several people were struggling with them. A better cooking method is needed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank susieak
Inn_Keeper_NM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thanks for submitting a review of my hotel. It was always our intention to deliver warm, friendly service in the spirit of Hamptonality. We had hoped to earn a better score from you. Our signature On-The-House Breakfast now features popular heart-healthy items. I do share your unhappiness with the hard-boiled eggs – but local health codes require us to serve it fully cooked with the shell intact. My apologies for not enjoying our breakfast to the fullest.

Please allow us another opportunity to provide a warm welcome. It would be my pleasure to personally assist you during your next visit.

Warm Regards,

Tavia Sweeten
(505)726-0900 x500

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is a good clean hotel with a very good breakfast. The walls are a bit thin, but that is the only bad thing I could say about the hotel. The location is great with a Cracker Barrel right in the same parking lot, Apple Bees walking distance away and Walmart for any toher needs.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Our car died right in front of this hotel and we got the last room available. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The rate was over our budget (we had to fork out given the circumstances), but for $144 - this was an amazing hotel - the room is spacious with a large flat screen, comfortable bed and lounge chair, great desk, fridge and microwave, a pool and workout room, breakfast, tea and coffee out at all times and fresh, business center. We may have had a horrible experience with our car, but this hotel was heavenly.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family