“My favorite hotel....” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Gallup
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“My favorite hotel....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

Loved this place - was the best hotel I had on a two-week road trip. Room was as "quiet as a tomb," even though it was close to the indoor pool (!!!), Cracker Barrell is literally in the same parking lot, WalMart is close, and it is next to I40 but you don't realize it. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful and breakfast was delicious. The staff is attentive and caring and I will stay there again as Gallup is always a good stopping place between home and my usual destination. The other Hampton in Gallup is good but the location is not quite as appealing.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Douglas, WY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2011

This was a great place to stay for a solo traveler. I felt safe and the staff was very nice. I woke up in the middle of the night with a migraine and they brought some advil up for me in under five minutes. I hurt too bad to wander out to my truck.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Gallup, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2010

Seriously. A couple hundred bucks worth of equipment could have this whole hotel saturated with wireless internet. This is supposed to be a new, "luxury hotel" (by Gallup standards). They have one wired ethernet connection per room that keeps kicking me out of my remote sessions. Are they incredibly cheap, or just too stupid to understand that multiple reasonably stable & high bandwidth internet connections are an absolute must for many business travellers? As far as I am concerned, as long as the shower water isn't brown, the place is clean, & everything works, a hotel is a hotel is a hotel. That goes for most of us who just want to get a job done. I supported Hampton's network access years ago, & it was pathetic then too. Who cares if your wall art has gold-painted frames & your pool is indoors. If I can't remote in to my clients' servers when I get an emergency call, if I can't update my payroll or my CRM, then I AM LOSING BUSINESS. We don't need fluffier pillows. We need to be able to do our jobs. Neither I, nor anyone from my company will be staying at this hotel again! I will stay at the Quality next door, which AT LEAST has a wireless connection I can pick up if I sit near the window.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Lodhur
Windsor, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

This hotel is near shops JC Penny, a Mall and Wal-Mart and a Cracker Barrel restaurant is a short walk away - so a good location.
Room was large, fridge noisy, bed was only ok, water ran out of basin.
Breakfast was only average helped by sullen looking host.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2010

Due to bad weather last night we made an unexpected stop in Gallup. Having no reservations we hoped for the best and found it! This was a lovely hotel in a safe area. The employees are very friendly and made our stay quite comfortable. There were even freshly baked cookies in the lobby when we arrived :-). There is a Cracker Barrel within walking distance and an Applebees a short drive away. We had a comfy king sized bed in what they called a studio suite (one large room). It had a desk, free hookup for internet, a microwave, refrigerator, and came with a hot, free breakfast. Good deal. We'd stay there again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2010

Didn't have a reservation and stopped in to see if there was a king room available. The woman at the desk asked if I belonged to a couple of organizations without me asking and I received a discount. Despite being near the ice and snack machines, we heard absolutely nothing. The room was large, the furniture comfortable. The bed was great with nice linens and blankets. The bathroom was large with very nice towels. The buffet had a very nice selection of hot items.

The only complaint that I had is that the restroom in the lobby needed servicing on the morning of the day we left.

The network required password--a real plus in my opinion.

The staff greeted us whenever we walked through the lobby.

The cookies and lemonade in the lobby were wonderful.

I'd sure recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

My husband, son and I stayed here in July 2010. Excellent Hampton Inn with above average service! The hotel staff was amazing! At check in when we asked for a crib they inquired as to our child’s gender. When they brought the crib it was made up with all blue sheets and blankets. Very thoughtful and one more reason that we will always stay at Hampton Inns!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family