“A good place to stay in Gallup,NM”

and 1 more site!
Hampton Inn Gallup-West
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This Hampton Inn on the west end of Gallup, NM is a very nice place to stay. The hotel is reasonably priced, our room was clean, they provided a nice breakfast with lots of helpful staffers nearby and our king bed was very comfortable, etc. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I travel frequently down I-40 and Gallup, NM always seems to be a convenient place to stay the night. I found this hotel last year when I had to make an unexpected overnight stay due to snowy weather. The awesome staff and super clean property has kept me coming back.

There are 2 Hampton Inns in Gallup and, at first glance at a map, it may seem like this property is out of town and away from all restaurants but I promise you it isn't that far a drive back into town and the treatment you will receive from this hotel more than makes up for its location.

A heads up to government travelers....this hotel books up quickly with other government travelers so make sure to make your reservation early when you know you will be staying in Gallup.

The rooms at this property are awesome. They are always clean and the location is quiet. The beds are extremely comfortable (something Hampton is know for) and they offer a good selection of pillows. The cable/satellite package is excellent.

Room Tip: haven't had a bad room yet...everything has been quiet and very clean.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was able to make a reservation from my phone in the car about an hour or so prior to arrival. Only complaint upon our arrival at past 10pm was that the desk clerk would not allow my husband to use his HHonors points to pay for the overly priced room. The rate was $124, but with all the ridiculous taxes it brought it up to $140 which is too high for a Hampton in my opinion. She told him that he could only use those points by reservation prior to arrival. He did not have his HHonors number handy when I made the reservation from the car so this was not doable. The parking lot was full, but there is a large lot behind for large vehicles to park (we are towing our boat). Room was clean. The only amenity missing was some conditioner for the shower. I requested two additional sets of bath towels this morning and they brought them up within 5 minutes. We were able to get wireless wi-fi to work with some struggle. It only seems to work with IE but not with Mozilla Firefox. The hotel is right off I-40, but I did not notice much traffic noise from our second floor room. Very minimal if at all. We have not made it down for the breakfast so I can't review that and we arrived too late to use the indoor pool so I can't comment on that.

Room Tip: There are no sofa beds in the rooms which always comes in handy with 3 kids. So my 3 kids had to sh...
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Gallup-West on our return from Colorado. We had driven from Fort Collins Colorado that day and didn't get into the Hampton until around midnight. The staff was very nice and helped us get checked in quickly so we could get some rest. Parts of the first floor were under renovation but it really didn't bother me at all. The room was perfect, clean and quite. We got a good nights rest, had the complimentary breakfast and hit the road. The location was perfect as I was pulling a U-Haul trailer and it was conveniently located right off of Interstate 40. they had a large parking lot where several other trailers and motorhomes had parked for the night. There was 2 gas station just on the other side of I-40 for easy fill up in the morning, Thanks Hampton Inn.

2  Thank kawboy109
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Gallup is often a pit-stop from one tourist area to another. If you stop at this property, you feel welcome (nice staff), the rooms are fairly large, a small pool and jacuzzi as well a small fitness complet a good experience.
Breakfast and wi-fi is usually included, both of good service.
Room clean, aircondition working, but you might even consider sleeping with the window open.

Room Tip: Request in any case room to the opposite of the train track (train noise is a big issue in Gallup as...
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I used to travel with my daughter quite often for sports. In my experience Hampton always has comfortable beds and a nice breakfast which fit our needs perfectly. We don't travel for sports anymore, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it. We will continue to stay at Hamptons.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Clean hotel with comfortable rooms and Directv. Stayed here while on business in the neighboring cities. They have a hot breakfast and also if you are in a hurry, to go breakfast bags. I think it is kind of expensive considering there is not a lot to do in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business