“Whoo-hoo. Happy I selected this hotel.”

Hampton Inn Gallup-West
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This was my first visit to Gallup, NM and my first stay at a Hampton (ever). When I pulled up to the hotel, I had doubts. There was no landscaping what so ever. Once I entered the hotel, I was pleased. The hotel personnel were wonderful, from the front desk to housekeeping. I had to do some laundry late in the evening and I was sooooo greatful that there was a dispenser with laundry detergent and fabric softner. I bought soap and softener, approx cost for each packet $1 (in quarters). No worries, the front desk came to the rescue in changing a few dollar bills into quarters. I didn't get to enjoy the swimming pool or have time to use the work out facilities at the hotel. While in Gallup, we went to Red Rock and Window Rock. Overall, we got the opportunity to relax while visiting Gallup, and the hotel definetly was a major role in us being able to do so.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 15, 2011

If you are going to Gallup for more than one day, this is the hotel to stay at. Friendliest staff at both the desk and the breakfast room. You are missing a great experience if you skip the breakfast, not the food which is fine, but the staff. Friendly, helpful, courteous, a pleasure to wake up to in the morning. In addition, the rooms are clean, modern, and have very comfortable beds. A cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate is always available in the lobby.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Nice single night stay with family on road trip through the region. The area is a bit vacant, but the hotel was a pleasant surprise. Nice and clean, had fridge and microwave in room, new flat screen TV's. Small pool and fitness center nice. Had chips and dip in the evening available in the lobby, standard Hampton breakfast - kids enjoyed watching out the window for the prairie dogs (better view from parking lot).

Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stopped here overnight on a long road trip. We found it to be very clean and comfortable. The indoor pool and hot tub were well kept and perfect for winding down. The breakfast was tasty and the attendant kept everything well stocked and clean. The price was a little high, but otherwise we weere very pleased.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2011

This hotel was only a bed for the night on our 18 day road trip coming from Grand Canyon heading to Santa Fe. When my options are limited I always search for a Hampton you cannot beat the beds. The rooms were very large and comfortable and the air conditioner kept us cool in the very hot climate. Breakfast was the standard Hampton fare with a good selection and the gal who was managing it was very friendly to all who came and went. She greeted everyone and said goodbye to all.

Upon check out the next morning I did let the staff know that the outlets in the bathroom were not working and she wondered why I did not call for maintenance to have it fixed before we left and was concerned I was upset. I told her that since our daughters were next door I just used their room for my electrical needs but I wanted to notify them of the situation before we left. All in all, a nice hotel with laundry, pool and work out room all next to each other.

I would suggest that they have a few more luggage carts available since they were a hot commodity both in checking in and out. People followed us out that morning to grab our cart and in check in we had to search the floor.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

This place is exactly what a Hampton Inn is supposed to be. We got there around midnight but the front desk clerk was up front when we walked in and very kind. Our room was perfectly clean, the standard Hampton Inn floor plan (also it had a nice flatscreen) and the bed was scrumptious and comfortable. Everything was in good working order and fresh.

I've had a few terrible Hampton Inn experiences and so I was leery about booking here, but we'd stay at this one again any time. Very convenient location off of the freeway.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Very clean and quiet room and comfy bed. Try to get a room on the back of the building so you can watch the field full of prairie dogs playing and eating. :-)