New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Gallup

La Quinta Inn & Suites Gallup
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Gallup
Antioch, California
“Convenient, Clean, Comfortable and Pet Friendly!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

On our recent travels,we have been staying at La Quinta because we travel with our small dog and I love that it is a "pet-friendly" hotel chain and it isn't over-priced. To date, we have stayed at many La Quinta hotels and I have been pleasantly surprised at how comfortable, clean and budget-friendly they have been. Even the rooms that are "pet-friendly" have been very clean and I have yet to be in a room that had an odor or have found pet hair!!!. We picked Gallup as our halfway stop to Texas, and of course, we chose La Quinta. We booked the King Spa Room and I was very pleased to have the in room spa tub after driving for 14 hours. The room was very spacious, clean, no odor, decor was tasteful (just a wee bit worn and carpet was a little worn, but it was very clean and it was a pet friendly room, so I am not sure what the non pet friendly rooms are like....but as I said, it was clean!!!), no pet hair, the hotel is very well maintained (it is an older hotel, but it is obvious they keep it well maintained and clean), easy access off I40, staff was very hospitable, quick and efficient, standard toiletries in the room (soap and shampoo/conditioner combo and a hair dryer) and lots of nice towels, very good water pressure, good cooling/heating system, loved the in-room spa tub, and of course the bed is extremely comfortable and the pillows too!!! The room also had a small fridge, microwave and coffee-maker and good cable/ flat screen television. They have a wonderful fenced pet area behind the hotel and it was clean: my dog loved it and I was so thrilled that it was fenced in so he could run around a bit off of his leash! We checked out the indoor pool, steam room and hot tub, it was nice but we did not use them due to time constraints. They include a nice breakfast with hardboiled eggs,sweet rolls/muffins, toasts, pastries, cereals, yogurt, oatmeal and waffles, coffee and juices Our room was on the train tracks side, it didn't bother me; though my Husband said he heard it many times. I slept like a rock after the soak in the tub and never heard the train!! I would rate my experience at the highest, except for the price. We paid $139.00 on a Wednesday night and I just felt the room wasn't as "luxurious" as I expected it to be for that price, especially mid-week. Having traveled extensively over the past few years and staying at many hotels, I would expect to pay around $89- $99 mid-week. Aside from the price (which is my only complaint) I would still stay there again without hesitation and I would recommend it to others. Also, there is a good selection of restaurants within walking distance and the Denny's next door was very convenient, as was the gas station......and of course the on ramp back to I40 is right there....very convenient!!!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, be sure to ask for a room that does not face the railroad tracks. If you...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Michele K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were traveling to a high school reunion in and passed through Gallup on our way. We are La Quinta reward members, so we try and find these wonderful hotels (pet friendly, too!) when we travel. I have to say, this hotel was one of the nicest ones we've ever stayed in.

The room was very clean, bed very comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful.
We would definitely stay here again when travel through Gallup, New Mexico.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stay in Gallup several times a year and we used to stay at a nearby establishment. However this time their rates (a "budget" facility) were way too high. I checked the LaQuinta and it was $20 cheaper. Same location and a little nicer hotel. I really liked the large counter in the bathroom so that 2 travel bags fit there.
The lobby served cold water with oranges--so refreshing after traveling all day and had cookies and mints available. The breakfast was more extensive than at any place we stay.
Now if housekeeping could just learn to check the clocks so the alarm doesn't go off at midnight!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Peoria, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I anad our Yellow Lab spent a night at the L.Q. in Gallup New Mexico a couple of weeks ago. This is a newer property and it's ;ocated at the East end of Gallup right off I 40.
Check in was quick and efficient and we were given a room on the third floor. I got our luggage and the dog and got on the elevator. This was a sight to see. My dog had only been on and elevator once before and as soon as it began to move he spread his feet apart and froze in place. By the end of the stay he had been up and down a few times to go outside for a walk and he was becoming a pro at it.
The room was very clean and roomy. We had a King bed and it was comfortable. Their is a flat screen T.V. on the low dresser and a large desk for businessmen to use. They also had a reclining lounge chair in the room. That was nice after a long day on the road.
I took the dog out to the dog walk area to relieve himself and I should tell you that this is a good size fenced in area behind the motel. There are a couple of picnic type tables with benches inside the area so you can let the dog off his lead and let him run off some energy while you sit down and watch. They provide plastic poop bags to clean up after your dog and a large trash can for those bags. The area is really pretty clean.
My only concern was the rear exit nearest the elevator. It requires you to go through the pool area to get to an outside door. I took the dog that way but I suppose I could have gone to the end of the building to exit too.
Breakfast in the morning was good. I had the waffle and it cooked completely. Sometimes when you get these in the motels they have a tendency not to completely cook. This one came out just right. The breakfast was the typical L.Q. breakfast and that's O.K. I think that it is sufficient to get you on your way in the A.M.
So all in all, I plan to stay here again. I wish it was just a little less expensive but reality being what it is, I know that the cost of motels is going up all the time. Such is life..

Room Tip: The dog walk is right outside the rooms on the ground floor on the East end of the property. If you...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Keats1
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Just stayed here one night when we were passing through Gallup -- Overall, we both thought the hotel was very nice, and we would stay here again. The only problem I had was with the light in the bathroom / very hard to do makeup / the bulb was very yellow.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rollngstone
Rockford, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was disappointed that the exercise equipement was not all working. The breakfast was very good. We did enjoy our stay at your hotel. I dont have any other things to say, really. I think that we would probably stay here again, if we are to visit the Gallup/Zuni area. The room was very nice, although the bathroom needed some work. The tub needed some repair-the silver plate kept coming off. The bathroom light went out and was fixed very quickly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family