“Very enjoyable stay.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Gallup
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I anad our Yellow Lab spent a night at the L.Q. in Gallup New Mexico a couple of weeks ago. This is a newer property and it's ;ocated at the East end of Gallup right off I 40.
Check in was quick and efficient and we were given a room on the third floor. I got our luggage and the dog and got on the elevator. This was a sight to see. My dog had only been on and elevator once before and as soon as it began to move he spread his feet apart and froze in place. By the end of the stay he had been up and down a few times to go outside for a walk and he was becoming a pro at it.
The room was very clean and roomy. We had a King bed and it was comfortable. Their is a flat screen T.V. on the low dresser and a large desk for businessmen to use. They also had a reclining lounge chair in the room. That was nice after a long day on the road.
I took the dog out to the dog walk area to relieve himself and I should tell you that this is a good size fenced in area behind the motel. There are a couple of picnic type tables with benches inside the area so you can let the dog off his lead and let him run off some energy while you sit down and watch. They provide plastic poop bags to clean up after your dog and a large trash can for those bags. The area is really pretty clean.
My only concern was the rear exit nearest the elevator. It requires you to go through the pool area to get to an outside door. I took the dog that way but I suppose I could have gone to the end of the building to exit too.
Breakfast in the morning was good. I had the waffle and it cooked completely. Sometimes when you get these in the motels they have a tendency not to completely cook. This one came out just right. The breakfast was the typical L.Q. breakfast and that's O.K. I think that it is sufficient to get you on your way in the A.M.
So all in all, I plan to stay here again. I wish it was just a little less expensive but reality being what it is, I know that the cost of motels is going up all the time. Such is life..

Room Tip: The dog walk is right outside the rooms on the ground floor on the East end of the property. If you...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Keats1

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Just stayed here one night when we were passing through Gallup -- Overall, we both thought the hotel was very nice, and we would stay here again. The only problem I had was with the light in the bathroom / very hard to do makeup / the bulb was very yellow.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rollngstone
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was disappointed that the exercise equipement was not all working. The breakfast was very good. We did enjoy our stay at your hotel. I dont have any other things to say, really. I think that we would probably stay here again, if we are to visit the Gallup/Zuni area. The room was very nice, although the bathroom needed some work. The tub needed some repair-the silver plate kept coming off. The bathroom light went out and was fixed very quickly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Reviewed September 19, 2012

we were traveling across country with a dog and found this an exceellent place to stop. the rooms were clean and in spite of being near the railroad tracks, it was relatively quiet. Easy on and off access from the interstate. the staff was very helpful and pleasant

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed at the hotel during the Intertribal Cerimonial. Stayed in a 1 bedroom suite, with my son and his wife staying in the bedroom and I on the pullout sofa bed. Had to use a sheet from the sofa bed to cover the see through door to the bedroom, and the suite was pretty sparse. Breakfast wasn't bad though.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ruben O
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

The beds were small, 2 full size beds instead of queens. The spa looked disgusting so we didn't even use it. The smell of cleaner was strong upon entering the hotel and our room smelled of something else. My daughter made coffee just to change the smell of the room. I just do not feel I got the value for what I paid.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Cowgirlaround1
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This La Quinta has a pet friendly policy. They do not charge extra for your animal, there is no limit on the number or kind. You do have to sign a waiver agreement to pay for any damages your little darling might inflict but this is fair.I stayed here while moving across the country with my 5 cats. The rooms was large and well furnished. There was a nice sitting area and it was clean. The bathroom was roomy and very clean too. The bed had a number of different kinds of pillows and was comfortable.
The breakfast that came with the room included yogurt, fruit, toast, small eggs with cheese, bisquits, sausage and gravy. You can also have cereal or make your own waffle. The usual kind of fare. Not superior but filling.
The hotel is located on the edge of town but is close to some low cost eateries and a budget gasoline place. It is also very convenient if you are driving because the freeway exits are right there.
The hotel does not get a superlative rating from me because it is situated across from a very busy train line. Our room faced the rail and we were kept up most of the night by passing trains. There is also a very busy highway on the same side (frontage road). All and all the noise level was just too much.
I would recommend this hotel if you are traveling with animals and do not want to pay an extra room charge. I would suggest staying away from rooms that face the street or railway if you want to sleep.

Room Tip: Select rooms that face away from the train line and highway. Be aware that there are only 10 rooms o...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family