“Great stopover”

Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
virginia
“Great stopover”
Reviewed January 21, 2008

For a budget hotel the cost and location were great. They allowed us to have our small dog at no additional fee which is a great bonus and sometimes hard to find! The hotel was clean, accomodating and quiet (the train runs almost constantly across the street but was a dull hum and nothing too annoying). It was convenient on our way to Scottsdale and we would stay here again.

Stayed January 2008
1 Thank cuab773

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed October 11, 2007

We spent two months on the road, stayed at 40 different B & B's, some over $500 a night and this little hotel has the best jacuzzi tub i had been in! It was sunk right in the king suite, I sat there with my heated tub, watched the baseball play-offs and relaxed for under $100. Very refreshing change! Very clean room and friendly staff.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Las Vegas
Reviewed March 2, 2007

I had one of the worst experience in getting credit for the cancelled reservation. Finally got it after 5 months.

ADVICE: IF YOU DO ANY TRANSACTION WITH THIS HOTEL KEEP VERY GOOD RECORDS FOR PROOF.

On July 29, 2006 I was driving from Lubbock Texas to Las Vegas, NV. I had reserved a room here for a one night stay on July 29, 2006 through AAA a week before. According to the reservation policy, I had to cancel the room before 6:00 PM on July 29 2006 to avoid any charges.

On July 29, 2006, due to unavoidable circumstances on the road, I had to stay at Sheraton at Albuquerque. Therefore, around 5:30 PM I called the La quinta Inn at Gallup and tried to cancel the reservation. The person on attended my call was unable to find my reservation detail and after 5 minutes on the phone he said my reservation is cancelled.

After promptly, cancelling my reservation, I was charged in my credit card. On calling the manager, he said he cannot do anything and I had to dispute it as I did not have any cancellation number.

THE PERSON WHO CANCELLED MY RESERVATION NEVER TOLD CANCELLATION NUMBER EVEN THOUGH HE SAID MY RESERVATION WAS CANCELLED.

It took me 5 months, writing letters to my credit card company sending my phone bills indicating the time the call was made to cancel etc.. to get my credit back.

Also, btw, I also wrote a compain letter to La Quinta Inn management in Texas. Not suprisingly, I never received any reply.

• Liked — NA
  • Disliked — Unfit Staff Personnel
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Foxshrill
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed September 23, 2006

We had a small problem when we first arrived and discovered there were a number of 8 - 12 year-old boys and their families also checking in. The process was slow, but understandably so. We were given a third-floor room and the large group of kids was on the second floor, so we thought all would be well. Wrong! The boys quickly discovered the fun of riding up and down the elevators and running down the halls knocking on doors then jumping back into the elevator. A quick trip downstairs resulted in our being given an upgraded room farther down the hall from the elevator - problem solved! An excellent room - very spacious, clean, well-lit, large bathroom, very comfortable bed. We'll stay there again the next time we're passing through Gallup, no question!

• Liked — extremely comfortable bed
  • Disliked — lack of "motel etiquette" on the part of other travelers
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank 928
Louisville, Kentucky (recently from Grand Junction, Colo.)
Reviewed July 10, 2006

Our room was spotless, spacious (we had a king jacuzzi suite) and comfortable.

I use a medical device at night that requires electricity. There was not an outlet close to the bed that was available. I checked with the front desk to see if an extension cord was available. The manager was unable to find one at the hotel, so he insisted on going to his home to get one for me. Then he insisted I keep it for the remainder of my trip. I believe his name was Rory -- he was extremely friendly and really went out of his way for me.

It was cool enough that night that we could have opened the window; however, the air conditioner helped to mask the trains across the street. Keep in mind that Gallup is a long narrow town built right along the railroad tracks so I'm pretty sure that ALL of the hotels are right across the street from the railroad tracks!

We would definitely stay there again!

Good shower, good breakfast!

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
8 Thank rdiane1
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 28, 2006

Great hotel. Pretty new and very clean. Self-made waffle bar was a nice touch. It was a little out of town, really close to the state police station, but we thought it provided for a quieter stay. Requested a room away from the train tracks and couldn't hear the train at all during the night. Didn't have wi-fi internet, but you could bring your own cable and use it for free. Would recommed this hotel to everyone going to Gallup.

• Stayed March 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 16, 2006

I always stay at LaQuinta when travelling with my Black Lab because I know they are pet-friendly, but when I called to make a reservation at this particular hotel, I was informed that they no longer allow pets over 25 pounds! I told the reservation clerk they had just lost a customer and she said, yes, they lose a lot. What a bummer.

• Stayed March 2006