“Not bad for an overnight stay.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Gallup

La Quinta Inn & Suites Gallup
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Gallup
asheville, north carolina
“Not bad for an overnight stay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

This is a fairly typical budget motel. It was clean, and everything in the room worked well. It is well out of town, so would require a car drive to shop at one of the Indian markets in Gallup, or go for dinner downtown. The motel is on a major highway, and right across from the railroad tracks, so very light sleepers might find the noise problematic, although I did not find it excessive. The breakfast is OK. Not a bad choice.

I was irritated by the fact that the very limited equipment in the exercise room was not all functional: one of two exercise machines was completely broken, and obviously had been for a while.

The people here were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If concerned about noise, ask for a room away from the highway and railroad.
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Samuel S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
South Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I and my wife were at this hotel 2nd week October on our way from Silverton, CO after San Juan Skyway drive.

The hotel located at a very easy to find location; I 40 Fwy about 4-5 miles East from the downtown Gallup. The hotel had free parking. The hotel has 3 levels.

The Check-in / out was quick; the front office staff was not too friendly and customer service oriented but did their work soon.

The room was so clean and spacious, well equipped, well appointed and neat. Linen was clean and new. The bed was comfortable. There was a work desk and good chair. The room had a clean Fridge and Microwave. Bathroom was spacious, clean and well lit.

Also they served decent B/F at a clean area.

Next to the hotel was normal dinner, Subway etc, but not many restaurants.

We liked the place specially because the spacious and cleanliness.

We will, for sure, return.

Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Mohamed, the owner of this facility went out of his way to treat me like I was a family member... I needed a room with a "roll in shower"... and he was able to accomadate my needs by making arrangements with another facility and when the room became available, he brought me back to the Inn. I will forever be grateful for his kindness and concern for my comfort.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Down South in Dixie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We were originally thinking of staying at another motel in Gallup, but it was full. After reading reviews on Tripadvisor, we decided to stay here. It was a good decision. The price was better, and the place is very nice. The motel is on the east end of Gallup, quiet, clean, with great service. We enjoyed the stay so much, we booked another room for our return home.

Room Tip: Trains are frequent on the tracks across from the motel. However, they were not a bother inside the...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

We stayed at this hotel because they offered a large 2 room King Suite with a sofa sleeper as we had all three of our teenage boys with us. Two of our boys had another room with 2 double beds. The room smelled fresh and clean. It appeared that the facility had just completed a remodel as the boys room (222)smelled like fresh paint.
Our room (228) however smelled like someone had a Frat party just recently. The room smelled like cigarette smoke, beer, and vomit all rolled in together. We immediately went down to the desk clerk to notify them so we would not be charged. The nice friendly clerk appreciated us notifying her of the condition of the room and stated that although the Hotel is a 100% smoke free hotel, sometimes people do smoke in the rooms.
The King room was very spacious with a small refrigerator and microwave and coffee maker. The room was equiped with two tv's. The bathroom was rather large and spacious. Outside of the smell the room was clean. The bed was very comfortable as was the pillows. Another perk of the room that it has seperate air conditioning controls for each section of the room.
We ate downstais at the continential breakfast which offered a variety of items from waffles, hard boiled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage patties, and other items you would normally expect for breakfast.
There is a train track closeby but the noise was not so loud that it was bothersome.
The hotel has a pool and an excercise room.
Overall this was a nice stay. We don't normally stay at a La Quinta, but the rooms offered and the price fit our family and our budget at the time.

Surprise, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

This was a fine place - even had an enclosed area for off leash dogs. The 2 double bed, ADA accessible room was easy to get around in and the roll in shower was very nice, with easily reached shower controls and a bath bench. We were initially offered a 2nd floor King room, but it was quite far from the entrance. The room we actually took was also a down a long hall, but closer than the initial offering. (I prefer outside entrances, rather than inside corridors, because I use a walker and can only use one of my legs, so it is very tiring to walk any distance.) Room was clean, good TV, and the beds were very confortable. There was a train on our side of the hotel, and Rt 66, but the other side was I-40, so I am not sure which side would be less noisy. We did not notice the noise much - we kept the fan on for that reason - but the hotel has pretty good sound proofing.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed at this particular hotel while moving from Arizona to Colorado. I needed a pet friendly hotel, as I had my two dogs with me. I read that La Quinta is a dog-friendly hotel chain, and it did not disappoint. This hotel did not mind the number of dogs I had, and my request for a first floor room was honored thankfully. I was happy to be surrounded by rooms that seemed to house other pet-owners (I could hear them bark, so I didn't feel bad when mine made a little noise). Access to walk them was easy, as they have designated dog areas (in abundance). The staff was very nice, and the room was clean (although in need of a remodel soon) and well-stocked with towels, etc. A continental breakfast was offered and express check out was a blessing during this trip. I would stay here again when traveling with my dogs.

Room Tip: When traveling with pets, make sure to request a first floor room.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family