“Solid with an upgraded breakfast”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Gallup
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I stay at La Quinta when ever I can because the rewards program is great. This La Quinta has an upgraded breakfast with a meat and egg or other. I will stay there again and often.

Room Tip: The hotel is a short drive down the street from the Casino. Check out Casino food specials
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank CactusPatch

Reviewed August 7, 2011

easy check in..very clean rooms...comfortable bed..pretty quiet room...entrance door to hotel small and awkward.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 28, 2011

After our experience at another hotel in Gallup I cancelled that reservation for our return trip and booked with La Quinta instead using my smart phone. I was booking for our family of 6 which included two small children. I thought I had booked a room with 2 double beds and a sofa bed, which would have been perfect. Upon our arrival we discovered that we only had 2 double beds. I went immediately back to the check-in desk to request a room change or a second room and was very disappointed to discover that the hotel was completely booked. I was told that if one of the booked rooms was canceled I would be notified. That notification never came and my son and grandson (22 years and 15 years) had to sleep on the floor. I was thankful that the carpet was clean enough that I felt okay about this. There might have been room for one roll-away bed, but they didn't have any. Service was average, no helpful hints on how to sleep six in our room were forthcoming from the staff on duty. I suppose we might have been given extra blankets and pillows had we asked, but there were plenty of pillows and since it was summer, we had no need of blankets. The beds themselves were comfortable and we slept well. The room was clean, if a bit cramped for six of us in a space designed for no more than four, but we managed. Lesson learned: call to check on number and size of beds or ask to see the room before you pay. Breakfast was a delightful array of various cereals, pastries, fruit, juices, and hot waffles as well as hot dishes that varied (we had scrambled eggs and bacon). The pool is indoors and because of the hours it is open we didn't have much of a chance to use it. The fitness room and sauna are open 24 hours and my boys utilized them before bed and after breakfast..

Room Tip: If the size and number of beds are a major issue, call to check.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The only 2 positive things I can say about this hotel was that the rates were very reasonable for the suites and pets were free. The front desk woman had apparently thrown in the towel at work and basically went through the motions, not even a phony smile. (She is probably underpaid and overworked) The room layout was ridiculous with the double door bathrooms and separate living area. The beds made me sore when I woke up. The pool is what stands out the most..It was green, and after staring at it for I while I think I could see the screen at the bottom. This does not surprise me however as I have never had a positive stay at a La Quinta. I would not stay here again if I returned to the area.

Room Tip: Unless the room is free, don't bother.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank MAXXDOGG
Reviewed July 6, 2011

La Quinta Inn in Gallup was a great experience from beginning to end. Friendly and knowledgeable reception greeting. Spacious, functional, clean room. Excellent king size bed. Wifi, cable tv, shower with curved out shower rod, express checkout. Continental breakfast was generous with waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereals, breads, etc. Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank joeysweeps
Reviewed July 1, 2011

On our trip to New Mexico, we were determined to camp as much as we could. However, the winds were crazy and so we decided to stay at a hotel in Gallup. After some time, we decided on La Quinta. The room was clean, staff was really friendly and it was a comfortable night's sleep. It was a life saver for me as I was starting to develop a full blown migrane from all of our camping and sun exposure. The room was quiet and relaxing, thank goodness!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2011

This is a no frills hotel right on Historic Route 66. The rooms were clean, spacious, and comfortable. Free wireless internet was available in the rooms and our room had a mini fridge. I stopped here for 1 night on a road trip with my brother and it was perfect for what we needed. Check out is at noon and breakfast is included.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family