“A Good Surprise!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gallup East
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I tried the Hampton Inn at exit 20 which seems to be in the middle of it all but when I arrived they were sold out. As I headed to Albuquerque I found this new Express and pulled in. What a beautiful place! I was able to get a modern, clean, spacious room for a little less than what they were going for at the Hampton. Friendly service, free breakfast (the cinnamon rolls!), and great rooms are harder to find in Gallup but this hotel is one along with a couple others that outdo all others in Gallup.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed October 24, 2013

A little difficult to find as this hotel did not come up on my GPS. I called the hotel and no problem! The gentleman (Gerry?) on the phone was able to excellent directions. The young man who checked me in did well to recognize my Platinum Elite status as an IHG rewards member and was notified of my upgrade. My welcome was friendly and warm. The rooms are gorgeous! I was in a suite so there was plenty of space, it was clean and also quiet - I did not hear a thing from outide my room! I slept soooo gooood! Breakfast was adequate. The lady upon checkout was quite nice and asked how my stay was. Positively one of the best experiences at a Holiday Express.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here in on a Saturday night, could not fault the hotel, only the desk staff on check in who I phoned an hour before arrival just to say I would be in around 9pm and his reply was your stay is guaranteed on your credit card so that's OK, and on arrival again no recognition as a Platinum Member although he did say I am moving you from Room 204 to 404 on a higher floor, so not sure whether that was the same type of room just higher up. After checking in everything was great, nice room, good nights sleep and excellent breakfast choice in the morning. Check out staff were good. A little over priced for what was available locally with perhaps a more friendly welcome. This was the worst welcome of a 50 day trip at many Hol Inn hotels, which shows how a single member of staff can change your image of a hotel. if in Gallup again will stay in a more competitively priced hotel.

1  Thank Yorkie1948
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gallup East, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Yorkie1948,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. As an IHG Rewards Club Member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotel. I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note of your valuable comments and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I enjoy IHG hotels, especially Holiday Inn Express, so we chose this hotel based upon the reviews and the brand. Overall, the hotel is exactly as we'd expected - excellent. The entire hotel was clean and the breakfast was delicious!

There were a few points of disappointment in our stay that lowered my review from a 5 to a 4, starting with our arrival. The young lady at the desk wasn't friendly. In addition to not thanking us for being Platinum Elite members, she didn't greet or thank us at all. We were traveling with our small dog so we weren't given a complimentary upgrade either. The other disappointing part was that the side door didn't work (the gentleman at the desk said they're aware that they aren't working). It was extremely cold out so it would've been nice if we could've loaded/unloaded our car and walked our dog with out having to walk through the lobby each time. Finally, the pet area had a sign but there were no poop bags in the holder and there wasn't even a trash bag in the can.

We were traveling through so we didn't use the pool or any other amenities.

If i was traveling through again with my dog then I'd probably stay at another hotel since my IHG status isn't a benefit here, but if you're looking for a clean room and a great breakfast then it's a great pick.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank abartholome
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is a new, very clean, hotel that is convenient to I-40. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were not! The typical Holiday Inn Express free breakfast was included. There were a couple other hotels very close by, but they were much closer to the trains. If you want a quiet, clean, comfortable hotel, this is a good choice!

1  Thank iu92
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here passing through the area. When we checked in, we were given a room on the first floor across from the indoor pool. Normally, I prefer a room on the top floor. But we found this room to be great. We had one room to the left of us and the guest laundry to the right of us. It was very quiet. The only sound we heard during the night was the refrigerator. The indoor pool and spa were very nice. The only downside to this hotel is that there is only one restaurant within walking distance. Service at this restaurant wasn't the best.

1  Thank Saturndriver
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed one night in Gallup on our way to the Albuquerque, NM Balloon Fiesta. The location was near the I-40 but not too near to hear the car noises. Free FULL breakfast in the morning. Close to dining (walkable) soft beds. nice room. Gas nearby, of course

Room Tip: Order in advance.