“Very nice”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gallup East
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed here on our way home from Texas. Room was nice, beds were comfortable. Breakfast was continental style, but nice selection

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I was driving back from Texas and was ready to stop for the night...I had seen this hotel on the way out to Texas, so I decided to stop there on the way back. There are a number of other hotels in the same area, but the Holiday Inn Express was the best looking one. Room was nice, new, granite in bathroom. Overall a good nights stay. Only issue is only food around is a Denny's, so you may need to drive a few miles down the road for other choices...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 18, 2012

After spending our first night on the road to Oklahoma at the Holiday Inn Express at Tucumcari we decided we would look for another on the way back. This one in Gallup is a bit difficult to find because it is so new. They have yet to put up any advertising. I forget what exit number it is but the hotel is located next to the LaQuinta. There is a Dennys withing walking distance. The hotel is immaculate, staff is exceptional. After being in the room for a couple hours the hotel manager called the room to check if everything was satisfactory. Our room had only a shower, no tub, which was fine with us. I find no negatives to report. Excellent throughout.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed one night here on a cross country trip. The hotel is very easy to locate and access from I-40. There are a few hotels along with a Denny's and Shell gas station all located together. The hotel is lovely and staff is very professional. I received a warm welcome when I arrived along with the smell of fresh baked cookies filling up the lobby.

I booked a NS King room (the whole hotel is NS). There were tons of space to move about. I enjoyed the bathroom amenities and the walk in shower. There was a Flat screen TV, micro, coffee maker, free wifi in the room. The bed was very comfortable however the sheets were a bit too new and rough like, not as soft as I would like. The hotel is very close to I-40 however I felt the windows insulated the noise very well. In the evening, I got a call from Samantha asking how my room was and if there is anything she can get for me. She advised she would be available, etc... I really appreciated this, very few hotels do this.

I really enjoyed the fitness center however I wish they would provide some hand sanitizer and/or cleaning wipes for the machines. The pool seemed nice but didn't use it. Overall, very nice amenities. The cardio machines are top notch!

Breakfast was wonderful and ready to go by 6am. The lady managing it was very nice. Plenty of space and assortment of coffee & breakfast items. Ice/Soda machines on every floor.

Red Rock State Park is 15 min drive away. Petrified Forest NP is 45 min drive. Numerous shops / supermarkets, etc.. down Rt 66, about 1-2 miles.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Anthony31
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This hotel opened May 9th 2012. Place is immaculate and the staff was beyond compare. Originally planned on staying one night, extended it to two. Got a free upgrade to a suite.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff. They'll help you out if they can.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed on Sat. June 2. We arrived late (10:00 PM) but were greeted by friendly faces at the front desk. The hotel is fairly new and is the nicest Holiday Inn Express we ever stayed in.
The front desk girls were very helpful. The pool and spa are very nice. The beds are excellent.
The breakfast was good and the breakfast room is large and clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Sunshine would like to express her gratitude for the outstanding customer service during a hectic week of grand opening. We particularly appreciate Lisa, Kathlene and Thomas, especially Lisa the manager for her personal care and touch. The rooms are very nice and clean, we recommend anyone staying in Gallup NM to stay there.

Room Tip: we didn't grade the pool and gym because we didn't use the facility.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple