“Still a good stop”

Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
Fort Worth, Texas
“Still a good stop”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We have now stayed here three (3) times and found it clean, quiet, and a good stop in Gallup. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The beds are comfortable and offer a good night's sleep. The railroad and highway are not a problem. We did not hear any trains even though they pass rather close behind this property.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
microtelgallup, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gallup, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words and your 3 times of staying with us. We hope to see you on all your future trips through Gallup.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Durand, Michigan
Reviewed April 27, 2014

The people were friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast, on the other hand!!!! it is served from 6am - 9am. we went at 7:30a - no napkins - no yogurt - the coffee machine was broken (they did repair that) no more milk! I guess the people who came later got nothing????> The front desk person said it was another employee who did not order supplies! Sorry.................this gave this hotel a black mark in our book.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
So glad you enjoyed the cleanliness and comfort of our motel. I am sorry to hear about the lack of breakfast items during your stay and hope this type of situation does not happen in the future. Hope to see you on a future trip through Gallup.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

I am the current General Manager of a hotel. I am very critical of other hotels as I am with my own. I got to this hotel at 2am after traveling all night. I chose this hotel because it was right off the interstate. The gentleman who worked the desk was extremely rude at best. I was treated like I was imposing on his television time.
There was no elevater in the hotel and it was run down. You most definitely get what you pay for, however I checked in in the middle of the night and still paid $70. At check out the same gentleman was working and we still received the same rude service. I would not stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
We are very sorry to hear that you were not treated very nicely. I have spoken with the night staff and hope that this type of behavior does not happen again.

Travelers are raving about these Gallup hotels

Galveston, Texas
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The only reason I chose the hotel with this funny name is because of "Wyndham" . Wyndham has never let me down in the past so knowing Microtel would be at the bottom of the Wyndham food chain iI took a chance. I travel for pleasure often and I need, at the least, a good bed and shower of course amenities are great.Well Microtel in Gallup delivered. Coming off a brutal winter I can excuse the exterior assuming in the next few weeks they can address the landscape . Inside is a clean, thought out and modern renovation. The staff was friendly and helpful. There are 2 floors w/o elevator but have carts at entrance and on second floor so be forewarned. I discovered Microtel browsing a "hotel coupon " booklet and received a great deal. I will recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: One big draw back is lack of elevator so select ground floor or near exit stairwell. They do provide...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Gallup
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I was not happy with breakfast items running out and not being replaced and with the quality of juice and coffee. Nobody was around to check me out.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

We are very sorry to hear about this issue and have spoken with the morning staff to ensure this doesn't continue to happen. Hope to see you on a future trip through Gallup.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I do not understand the bad reviews, as with everything in life you get what you pay for. My wife and I drove 16 hrs and needed a place to sleep. The room was very clean and the staff was friendly. Yes the breakfast was not great but again you get what you pay for. And if the train keeps you from sleeping you must not have driven enough.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words and glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again on a future trip through Gallup N.M.