“Good room for the price”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gallup
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gallup
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
“Good room for the price”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My brother and I only stayed over night here. We got a room for $56 and were expecting the room to not be that great. We were pleasantly surprised to find a clean room where everything works and our non-smoking room didn't smell like an ashtray. Service was great and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
microtelgallup, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gallup, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you again on your next trip through Gallup NM.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Largo
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We called and were given a rate of $50 over the phone. When we arrived we were told the rate was $60. We had a coupon which offered rates of $45. A large sign outside offered rates of $42 with AARP or AAA both of which we had. They said none of those rooms or rates were available and the rate was $60, take it or leave it. Because we had driven over twelve hours and we were tired so we paid the rate. We will never stay again in this bait and switch operation. The hotel appeared to be about one quarter full at night and again in the morning with only a few cars around.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank luckypete33774

Travelers are raving about these Gallup hotels

Gallup, New Mexico
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I found this place very clean and well organized. The Manager and his staff are very attentive to guests room and they will do whatever it takes to make our stay the best in town. I actually decided to come back to this Motel after staying in a cheaper motel in town. The difference in customer service and cleanness was so far out. It seems like I went to a different town.

Room Tip: The best anyone can do is to talk to the Manager of this Motel. He will be sure to accommodate any s...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
microtelgallup, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gallup, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Thank you for staying with us Ricardo, we really enjoyed having your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words they are truly appreciated. We really hope to see you again in the future. :)
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My son and I were just passing through and chose to stay......huge mistake. Outside looks ok, lobby smells like BO, falsely advertised rates, staff was not friendly, hair all over the room, needs major repairs and updating, and my son woke up COVERED IN BUG BITES!!!! His face is swollen because he has been bit so many times. Never again!!

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Jenn2203
microtelgallup, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gallup, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. We have took this review; as any motel would very seriously. We have had Orkin pest control come and check all rooms for any signs of bed bugs, and are proud to say we have none nor have we ever had any issues here of bed bugs. There has however been many cases of mosquito bites this year due to rain and dry weather. We have copies available at front desk from pest control confirming there are no bed bugs on our property. Hope this clears up any confusion on the bites to your son.
SLC
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Very nice place, we got three rooms that were vary clean, and the internet works really well. The staff was nice and helpful and they had great waffles for breakfast. thanks for the great stay!
-Jody E.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words and hope to see you on your next trip through Gallup, New Mexico.
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Travelling cross country via motorcycle through a heat wave I needed to stop and get some rest. Unfortunately I had not read reviews or previously checked on this spot. I had heard prior people say Microtel Inn was a good place so I stopped. The location was fine but that was it. There was an odor upon entering the lobby and the fan that "wasn't" running didn't help. The man behind the counter struggled with the English language. I asked if the air conditioner worked and was answered with an affirmative response (I hoped). The shower curtain rod was busted and the walls were dirty. Amazingly the TV was new and the air conditioner worked, I slept for awhile and then arose early enough to get back on the road. After 21 yrs in the Marine Corps I had slept in worse places...but just barely.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Dan S
We are very sorry to hear about your unsatisified stay with us, We take pride in our rooms and try our best to keep customers satisified. If any guest at any time is not happy with their room or anything on our property we would gladly change rooms or fix the problem to the best of the guests satisfaction.
Fresno, California
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My family and I arrived at about 5:00 pm. No one was at the front desk When we were finally helped, the clerk was so soft spoken that it was very difficult to understand her. She checked us in but warned us that we needed to park in the front of the hotel because there were numerous thefts in cars who parked in the back. The room itself was a bit unusual. The TV was place on top of a wardrobe cabinet which meant to watch TV you had to look up. Breakfast was served from a converted closet sized room and the toaster did not work. Shower pressure was low. Wish I had spent a little more and stayed at hotels off of exit 20. I got what I paid for.

• Stayed July 2012