“Huge portions”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #3 of 106 Restaurants in Gallup
Cuisines: American
Description: Gallup, New Mexico location of the Cracker Barrel chain restaurant.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Good value home style cooking . Wide choice of comfort food with loads of side dishes included .It would have been nice to have a glass of wine with the meal but cannot fault the food or,the service As a Brit , it is not a chain I had heard of before our recent trip to the US , but it feels like an actual restaurant rather than the bland fast food you usually get on the interstate

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have to admit, I don't usually eat at Cracker Barrel. Some people swear by it. I've just never really understood. Like other places in Gallup the service isn't great and tends to be skewed towards the locals. I saw large tables of locals having a great time.
Our food wasn't good. The green beans in particular were disgusting. They tasted like bad canned beans, more brown than green. My beef was OK. The salad was probably the best thing we ordered.
Overall, I will go back to Applebee's, but it's really close.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was one of the best locations we have ever eaten at and we have tried this chain in almost every state that there is a Cracker Barrel! We ate a very late lunch and yet the quality and service were top-notch!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

The food was fine (although I have a cold and couldn't taste much) but the waitress messed up both of our orders. She did apologize and we weren't in a hurry so it wasn't a big deal. I overheard her telling the people at the table next to us that she apologized but just found out that the woman's lunch would be 15 minutes but his was ready and they would keep it warm for him. If it had been me, they had better be making me a fresh plate.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Great hospitality, great server. Even though busy, waitress very attentive, ensured drinks always kept refilled & dishes that were no longer needed were cleared immediately. Will def be returning.

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!