“Go here”

El Metate Tamale Factory
Ranked #18 of 106 Restaurants in Gallup
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

People are very friendly and food is great. It is good to know that your dollar is going directly to a family who own & operates this restaurant. I'm guessing they will move to Main Street as soon as they can. The ambiance isn't great but the food and the service makes up for it.

2  Thank Fake_Names

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I and my wife went in on reviews and had a great meal and a great time with are server it was like a family gather made me feel welcomed to there place and that's a comfortable feeling to know were not just people you drop food off to no other restraunt in gallup has ever gave me that welcoming feeling and i've eatn all the top 5 restraunts in gallup from tripadvisor and all around the town as i pass this town of gallup and your prices are great I and my wife ate for under $30 WOW I've payed more at other restraunts in gallup and they didn't even match the food and service because we had went into othere local restraunts on reviews and oooo by far this place is my favorite.are tamles(chicken)were nice and fresh topped with green chilli side of home made beans (yum) and fresh soppias nice warm and soft they have all sorts of tamales (strawberry,veggies ,sweet,pork all sorts) chips and salsa fresh and also homade.Being from texas i've eatn at a lot of restraunts passing thru and this ones my favorite. Every traveler loves service with personality and thrive that we are not just money but human beings and care that are food and visit will be as comfortable as home thank you El Metate for a great experience

3  Thank dsdsdsdsdsds
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our quiet dining experience. The food was fresh and quickly prepared. Very friendly and helpful management. If you are looking for fine dining this is not for you. Don't judge a restaurant by its cover! We will return :)

1  Thank dskander
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We found this place on TripAdvisor while driving. The food and service were ok, but nothing special. We did enjoy the green salsa. I was really hoping for some fantastic tamales, and they were ok. Was located in a neighborhood setting, rather than around other restaurants or businesses, not a big deal for us though. Probably would try another restaurant on our way through Gallup next time.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Very nice people, great service. Food was just ok. Did not like the chips, too well done. Felt it was over priced, $9.50 for a combination plate. Green chili rellenos were very good.