“By far the worst I have eaten in Gallup”
Review of Ranch Kitchen - CLOSED

Ranch Kitchen
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I had a ribeye that was over cooked and almost totally gristle. IO ate the salad bar and swore not to eat there again.

There are newer reviews for Ranch Kitchen

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I've never been to New Mexico before, and we were just in Gallup because we needed a place to stay for the night. The nice lady working in the lobby of our hotel gave us a coupon to use at Ranch Kitchen and said it was "pretty good". We were exhausted and didn't want to drive very far, and really didn't want fast food.
The first good sign, in a town with seemingly very little going on on a Sunday night, the parking lot at Ranch Kitchen was pretty full. It was a normal enough looking restaurant, the waitresses were really nice and we got a comfortable booth and an awesome beer (note, all beer after a 6 hour drive + 2 hour hike is awesome).
My husband ordered tamales, and they were just ok. But I was the genius and ordered the ribs. Alright, my husband has worked in fine dining for many years and while we're not snobs, we're very passionate about food and have eaten a lot of good stuff. Could have been a particularly good night for ribs, but I am not exaggerating when I say that these were among the best baby-back ribs I have ever had in my life. I didn't need a knife, I barely needed a fork! They were SO tender, not dry/overcooked in any sense, fell off the bone, and the BBQ sauce was fantastic. They'd stand up to any ribs I've had in any steakhouse anywhere in the country. I would love to come back here if I ever pass through Gallup again! A wonderful find!

1  Thank Hks00
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Will not stop here again. I will not recommend to friends.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Restaruant was almost empty on a Monday evening, just a few people. We had the lamb stew, which was OK, served with a HUGE piece of Navajo fry bread for each of us. We had side salads as well. This was very reasonably priced.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

This place is on the western side of Gallup. It is a real throwback, serving good food at reasonable prices. We had the meat loaf special for $9.50 and terrific lamb stew with Indian fry bread for $9.95. Meals are simple and straight forward with emphasis on Mexican--you get chips and salsa when you sit down. A pleasant place for a meal.

1  Thank Pnemiller