“Dump” 2 of 5 stars
Review of TA Gallup Travel Center

TA Gallup Travel Center
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gallup
TA Gallup Travel Center
You added TA Gallup Travel Center to your Saves list
Ranked #28 of 34 Hotels in Gallup
“Dump”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

terrible people all around. Shady dealings going on and prostitution was quite apparent. Truckers were nice enough but my goodness all of the unclean areas were ridiculous. Don't stop there are much nicer places within 5 miles. The store was way overpriced.

• Stayed June 2014

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We did not stay at this hotel, but ate at the restaurant inside the TA Travel Center. The food came out and looked really good, but I had a hair in my food. I did not say anything because the others in my party were very weary and hungry. They all had breakfast items and said their food was good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Gallup hotels

Breckenridge, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Good value for the area. Every motel on the west side of town is close to the train tracks, so whether you're paying $70 or $30, they all can hear the trains. This isn't the cheapest place in town, but if you use the coupon books, it may be close. (The motel that makes that claim on their marquee is now boarded up.) I found hairs that weren't mine in the shower, but it was otherwise pretty clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Sedalia, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Very basic room. Dingy and outdated but clean. The motel advertisded WiFi but it didn't have it. Cable TV was advertised. Our tv picked up about 8 channels.
The parking lot is scary at night.
The train blows so loud I thought the window was open. I could hear every conversation outside as well as in the adjoining rooms.
At 35 a night you get what you pay for but honestly from the looks of this town I doubt any other motel is much better.

• Stayed August 2013
Whitefish, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Read other reviews and decided to stay here. First of all, I was concerned about leaving my car in the parking lot..Didn't seem too secure with guys "hanging out" as I unloaded my luggage. The room was a real disappointment. I decided that I would not take off my socks while I stayed here...
I cannot imagine when the bathroom had last received a good cleaning.
And finally, I sat on the bed and discovered that the sheets were not
"clean"......
Now let me make it clear that the staff at registration was very nice and helpful.. and when I complained and asked for my money back, I had no problems...But, in my opinion, this was the nastiest place I have ever been...Check the room before you decide to stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband, our dog and I just got back from a cross-country trip from Ohio to California. We stopped at a few hotels on the way and this one was our last stop. For this being a truck stop it was actually nice. Don't get me wrong it is not a **** resort lol but it'll do for a night. Room was dated BUT clean. Towels were thin and I saw 2 long black hairs in the shower (I'm blonde). Beds were comfortable and the all night dinner had decent food. The tv reception is a bit weird. Yes u can hear the trains, but if youre tired enough they wont bother u i am a very light sleeper and never got woken up once. The $15 pet fee is a bit much but all in all it was a good stay. They even gave us a much needed 1 pm check out. So give it a try. Dont let the surroundings scare u away

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank victimoflove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

A very nice room actually the price is great and cheap..and we also found a restaurant. That had good food and we even found a gift shop who has some amazing gifts that we purchased thanks a lot..

• Stayed November 2010