“Gustarlos Genaro's”

Genaro's
Ranked #4 of 106 Restaurants in Gallup
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed August 27, 2013

If you're "on the road" passing through Gallup NM on "old route 66" and looking for an authentic Mexican meal, Genaro's is your kind of place. Located in one of the old residential neighborhoods of Gallup, away from the Pawn shops and neon of the main drag, this is good, solid, down-to-earth Mexican cooking, and a welcome relief from the roadside cliches that have become so blandly tiresome. Wait-staff is helpful and cheerful, the place crowded with locals and tourists mingling over the tasty fare. Well worth a few minutes off the I-40 trucker marathon.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is the real thing. Everything on the menu is great. We had the rellenos and they were amazing. We also ordered guacamole and it was excellent. Our cousins had the fry bread taco and said it was the best. We were all very pleased and highly recommend it.

1  Thank evesparza53
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Oh my goodness. I LOVED this place. It is definately a hole in the wall kind of place for locals. We were welcomed with a lot of hospitality. The salsa is definately HOT and when we took our first bite the couple next to us said.."You all are tourists are you?".LOL The told us all the great dishes we needed to try. I got the combo that had dishes that I can't recall the name of because I had never seen/heard them on a menu before. My boyfriend got a sopapilla that had ground beef and great spices over a mole sauce that was incredible. The dessert soopapillal was so fluffy! I have never seen one like that before. Our watiress was so nice and accomodating and helped us figure out what we needed to try. The portions were huge! LOVED, LOVED, LOVED.

1  Thank Tamara S
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Huge portions. Great flavor great service. A definite revisit as I had a burrito and there are several other dishes I want to try. Good value.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Friendly staff, quick service, and some of the Best Mexican food in the State of NM. Their red chili is delicious..., homemade guacamole is always fresh and tasty! If you like your salsa hot then you are in for a treat! On a side note try their homemade French fries you won't be disappointed.

Been to Genaro's? Share your experiences!