“Nice place to stay in Gallup, NM”

Comfort Suites Gallup
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Gallup
Urbana, Illinois, United States
“Nice place to stay in Gallup, NM”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hotel and the staff were very nice. The room was clean and comfortable. The bed in the room was comfortable, and I did not hear any traffic or trains. Maybe I was too tired from traveling! The breakfast was hot and the wait staff were very friendly. Would stay here again when traveling I40. There is a Denny's next door for those who want a more traditional breakfast.

Room Tip: Stay at a quality hotel, like Comfort Suites, to get a good room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

King suite. The bed is extremely comfortable. I'm so relaxed. Feel so safe in this room in December as a snowstorm approaches. Very quiet room with the fan on for white noise. There's a train track on one side and the highway on the other, but we didn't find it to be noisy at all. Hot breakfast. Burritos, eggs, sausage, chili, waffles, cereal, yogurt.

• Stayed December 2012
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family and I were on a trip got the Grand Canyon and needed a place to stop to stop for the night. Gallup, NM had this hotel with a heated, indoor pool & hot tub, fresh breakfast, free printing and computers, free WIFI, and huge comfortable rooms large enough for our family of four. In addition, our Westie was allowed to stay for an extra $15. The front desk was very helpful. My daughter has lost her Flat Stanley project and they helped us to make another one! Also, when checking in, Julissa saw that I had a USAA credit card and gave us an additional discount because my husband is a veteran! Great experience and a great value.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank DeniseYRoss
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Based on recommendations from Trip Advisor, we chose to stay in this motel on our trip west. The hotel is located in East Gallup, one of the first exits to Gallup as one travels west on I40. It's easy to get to once exiting 40. The hotel sits back from the street a ways so it isn't visible right away. However, it's attractive outside and the lobby area is very attractive as well. There are several computers set up in the lobby for use by guests. Our room was very pleasant and attractive. We opted for a queen bed room that had sofa, microwave and mini-fridge. We decided to go an Applebees for dinner which we discovered was some distance away but we had no difficulty finding it.
The bed was very comfortable although both of us felt it wasn't a standard queen size but we didn't measure it and it didn't make any difference since we were very tired from a day of driving. Our room was an even number room on the third floor. I mention this as I woke up during the night and for the next 3 hours had difficulty falling back asleep because the hotel is located in a triangle between the interstate, railroad tracks, and old route 66. I was hearing interstate traffic sporatically throughout the night along with freight trains running every hour. I think an odd room number would have put us on the north side of the hotel and further from the noise of the interstate traffic noise. The rooms heater/ac unit was located right next to our bed. The controls are on the wall as a thermostat. Our complaint was that to set the temperature, the units blower would come on to increase the room temp but intitially and for several minutes, cool air blows out. This was incovenient, particularly after we went to bed as the unit was turning on and off to maintain the temperature and blowing cool air right at the bed. They have a very nice breakfast with ample selections of hot items (scrambled egg rounds, pork sausage, waffles) along with the traditional offerings. Service was prompt and pleasant. The area where you eat breakfast is off the lobby and is somewhat cramped for space, particularly if the hotel is busy. Check-out was a breeze as they delivered the receipt to our room. Having stayed here for the first time we will definitely plan on staying here again but now knowing some of the hotels' idiosyncracies will make be more knowledgable about our preferences.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
new orleans
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This Chpoce property is definately one of the best I have ever been to, and I regularly use Chioce. Everything is 5-star. Highly recommended. Everything was top noth, from the appearance of the property to the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the rooms and the full hot breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rwhubert
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This hotel deserves its' very high rating. From walking in and dealing with the wonderful front desk staff to the well appointed room (King bed, couch, chair, coffee table, micro, fridge, coffee maker) to the absolutely delicious breakfast (Belgian waffles - both regular and blueberry, eggs, sausage, and even biscuits and gravy). The only thing that didn't work for me was the bed. I am a side sleeper so very firm beds hurt my pressure points. I do not have a bad back or any normal pains but sleeping on a very firm mattress hurts at my shoulder, hips and neck. If the bed was softer, I would have to give this place a super high rating! The best part is since we were in town for the Red Rock Balloon Rally, it was tops for location. About 3 miles away from the entrance to the park, the closest hotel to the action on that side of town.

Room Tip: Freeway to the south, railroad to the north. We had room 317, heard the train slightly but not horr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great check in clerk! Great room! Great bed! Great room temperature control! I did feel that the breakfast was only mediocre, the fresh fruit meager.
This will be my go-to hotel the next time I go through Gallup.

Room Tip: Busy railroad across highway from hotel front, where our room was. Could hear a rumbling sound when...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple