“Dirty and Noisy”

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Farmington
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Dirty and Noisy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

We found things in our room from other traveler's so it didn't make us feel like the maids had done a thorough job of cleaning. The water pressure in the shower was only above a trickle. When we checked in and asked for the hotel had a corporate rate, the front desk girl grunted at us and didn't check into it. We had a noisy night with the street traffic and the refrigerator in the room kept noisily going on and off all night. There were a bunch of men at 6 in the morning loudly speaking spanish to each other in the hallway outside our door. I will not ever stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Try not to have a room that faces the main road.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank saungie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

I live in Farmington and was put in a hotel due to a leak in our house. Our insurance paid for the stay. I was very satisfied. All I care about is sleeping in a CLEAN place. This place is very very clean!!! If I needed to stay in a hotel again I would come here.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Srwarner117
albuquerque
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

When you travel on a low-level government employee's per diem, you learn not to expect too much. If you want to eat you stay in a cheap hotel. If you stay in a middle-of-the-raod hotel, you pack a cooler. So, when I booked the Region Inn, even though the other reviews were decent, I wasn't expecting too much because of the incredibly affordable rate I got online.

I was pleasantly surprised.

I was in a first floor room right by the elevator, so I was worried about noise -- I shouldn't have been. It was INCREDIBLY quiet, even during the busiest hours. My bed was soft with plentiful pillows. And extra pillows when I asked (I am a pillow hog). And an awesome recliner that really helped me get through all the paperwork I had from the week's audit in Farmington. Basic cable TV (with the Weather Channel - my favorite on-the-road station). I had a dorm-sized fridge in my room - another pleasant surprise since this wasn't on the hotel website.

Water pressure was great (without the noises some reviewers noted). Staff were friendly, and incredibly helpful. Check in was a breeze.

The Region Inn was nothing fancy, but it was more than serviceable. It was a GREAT value for the money, I would stay there again if I find myself in the Farmington area.

Room Tip: First floor rooms were surprisingly quiet, but if you want SUPER quiet, ask for a room whose windows...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank LOFerell
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

Let's be clear that the excellent rating given is with full disclosure that this hotel is exactly what it advertises itself to be - a no-frills place to get a good night's sleep. My husband and I stopped there for a brief overnight on our way to Santa Fe.

Having said that, I thought that the value received was excellent. The room was older but clean and the furnishings were in great condition. The bathroom was tiny, but again, extremely clean. The employees we dealt with were all unfailingly polite and enthusiastic. The girls at the front desk when we checked out gave us a great local breakfast suggestion, since we slept in past the time the breakfast bar was open.

The attached restaurant, Tequila's, was SO good and had perfectly polite service. No problems encountered at any stage!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank GSKorelys
Bathgate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

Third visit here. Reliable, friendly and quiet. Breakfast is, well, "american motel". Bring your own crusty bread and make toast to suit. I haven't found anywhere close that is open at 6.30 in the morning so it has to be the motel. Still better than Dunkin' Doughnuts anyway! Fridge in room and microwave in the corridor. Good location if you are heading south (to Bisti) and handy for supermarkets and the old centre of town. I like Farmington.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GeoJuice
Draper, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

Room was large, comfortable and quiet (especially since it was a Saturday night). There was a small fridge in the room. The adjacent restaurant Tequilas has decent Mexican food. The only complaint I had was that the shower faucet made a strange screeching sound when the water was running at certain temperatures (thoughout the time I was in the shower).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo