“Better than I thought”
Review of The Region Inn

The Region Inn
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Farmington
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I live in Farmington and was put in a hotel due to a leak in our house. Our insurance paid for the stay. I was very satisfied. All I care about is sleeping in a CLEAN place. This place is very very clean!!! If I needed to stay in a hotel again I would come here.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Srwarner117

Reviewed April 14, 2012

When you travel on a low-level government employee's per diem, you learn not to expect too much. If you want to eat you stay in a cheap hotel. If you stay in a middle-of-the-raod hotel, you pack a cooler. So, when I booked the Region Inn, even though the other reviews were decent, I wasn't expecting too much because of the incredibly affordable rate I got online.

I was pleasantly surprised.

I was in a first floor room right by the elevator, so I was worried about noise -- I shouldn't have been. It was INCREDIBLY quiet, even during the busiest hours. My bed was soft with plentiful pillows. And extra pillows when I asked (I am a pillow hog). And an awesome recliner that really helped me get through all the paperwork I had from the week's audit in Farmington. Basic cable TV (with the Weather Channel - my favorite on-the-road station). I had a dorm-sized fridge in my room - another pleasant surprise since this wasn't on the hotel website.

Water pressure was great (without the noises some reviewers noted). Staff were friendly, and incredibly helpful. Check in was a breeze.

The Region Inn was nothing fancy, but it was more than serviceable. It was a GREAT value for the money, I would stay there again if I find myself in the Farmington area.

Room Tip: First floor rooms were surprisingly quiet, but if you want SUPER quiet, ask for a room whose windows...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank LOFerell
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Let's be clear that the excellent rating given is with full disclosure that this hotel is exactly what it advertises itself to be - a no-frills place to get a good night's sleep. My husband and I stopped there for a brief overnight on our way to Santa Fe.

Having said that, I thought that the value received was excellent. The room was older but clean and the furnishings were in great condition. The bathroom was tiny, but again, extremely clean. The employees we dealt with were all unfailingly polite and enthusiastic. The girls at the front desk when we checked out gave us a great local breakfast suggestion, since we slept in past the time the breakfast bar was open.

The attached restaurant, Tequila's, was SO good and had perfectly polite service. No problems encountered at any stage!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GSKorelys
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Third visit here. Reliable, friendly and quiet. Breakfast is, well, "american motel". Bring your own crusty bread and make toast to suit. I haven't found anywhere close that is open at 6.30 in the morning so it has to be the motel. Still better than Dunkin' Doughnuts anyway! Fridge in room and microwave in the corridor. Good location if you are heading south (to Bisti) and handy for supermarkets and the old centre of town. I like Farmington.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GeoJuice
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Room was large, comfortable and quiet (especially since it was a Saturday night). There was a small fridge in the room. The adjacent restaurant Tequilas has decent Mexican food. The only complaint I had was that the shower faucet made a strange screeching sound when the water was running at certain temperatures (thoughout the time I was in the shower).

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank sttdiver
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I had a large room with a king bed; bathroom and shower was nice and the pool looked nice, even though it was closed due to lightning. The breakfast definitely left something to be desired; I went to Dunkin' Donuts before I left town for coffee. Over all I was pleased with the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Katie T
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Bed was nice and comfy and the room was pretty large. Hotel had been remodeled and rebranded. Furnishings were new. The evening desk clerk seemed a bit shady. There was a large dark brown stain on the carpet, looked like shoe polish. I let the front desk know right away so we wouldn't be blamed or charged. Clerk thought I was strange and wrote the info on a post it note. I didn't trust her so I let the morning person know as well.

Breakfast area was messy and a bit shabby. It looked like they were using old sheets on top of card tables in a storage room.

We'd probably stay again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the pool. It was pretty noisy late into the evening.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple