“Keep away from this place!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Farmington

Rodeway Inn Farmington
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Farmington
East Sussex, United Kingdom
“Keep away from this place!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Unfortunately, I booked this place online before leaving home, as we were touring NM, Ut and Co, so needed a departure point for our tour into Monument Valley. We booked via Booking.com and it now appears that they only list moderate or favourable reports, so the moral is to trust TA for its members honest reports.
We have stayed in many places, and as a Top Contributor, I reported on most, but this is our first experience in such a dump as this.
We arrived at about 5pm and there were a number of vehicles in the car park, so we thought the place had a number of guests.<1>
The receptionist / manageress? advised us on which floor to take a room <2>
As we got to our room, a young man was working from a trolley, servicing rooms. Why at 5pm? I tried to speak to him but his English was nil <3>
A little later, I went downstairs looking for coffee, and noticed that many of the vehicles had gone <4>
Points 1 to 4 did not gel with me until I was in the little dining room and was propositioned by a resident hooker and invited to her room for !!! I refused and went back to our room.
All during the evening and night, vehicles arrived and departed, doors opened and closed, so we did not get much sleep. On a couple of sleepless occasions, my wife looked out and observed the people concerned.
When we discussed the situation, we realised that it appeared to being used as a "knocking shop". The place is smelly, run down, dirty carpets, and also seems to house people with nowhere else to live.
The room was barely acceptable, the bathroom horrible so we did not even risk a shower. The breakfast was deluxe crap and even worse drinks, so we left asap too embarrassed to question the receptionist about their "clients".
During the rest of our tour, we avoided all other Rodeways, as this one certainly influenced our opinion of their premises.
We do not recommend this place and advise you to avoid it!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NIGEL E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

this hotel is trashing the breakfast was a joke carpets for dirty outlets didn't work the remote to the TV didn't work and after all of this after leaving the hotel my card was compromised it was used at various web sites and by the time I made it home from my trip it cleaned out my bank account absolutely positively never stay at this hotel ever

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank cassie14cass

Travelers are raving about these Farmington hotels

Salamanca, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I've stayed in many, many hotels, especially with my husband and I traveling across the country. This hotel is a 'you get what you pay for', except I can't believe I paid for this. The front desk clerk was pleasant and friendly when we checked in. The staff in the morning was also very friendly. Other than that... It's very old, very run down, and will probably end up being a room for rent/housing unit in a short period of time.
When I found this hotel, it said 'deluxe continental breakfast'. There was cold cereal, coffee, and some juice. Our room had not been vacuumed. The sheets had blood stains on them. The mattress pad was covered in black hairs. The bathroom was mostly clean, but the shower was stuck up so bathing was impossible. The fridge did not work at all. All the plugs were in one outlet, it didn't look so healthy. This is next to an adult store but there is a huge billboard about Jesus blocking the view, yay!, so you don't really notice it. I thought the rooms were fairly quiet which was a pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: Spend the extra $20 and go across the street.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank gailmariehs
Oakland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Not only was did this place have dirty carpets in the room and in the hallway, shabby bathroom fixtures, and a funny smell, but--bonus--it was also next door to an adult video store. Imagine my shock when I opened my credit card bill to find they had charged us for TWO nights. No WAY would I have stayed two nights here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank violetheron
Castle Rock
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Where to start! The chicken bone in the hallway for three days, the mildew smell throughout the place, the leaking fringe adding to the smell, the wet carpet around the fridge, the dust covering everything, the chewed gum in the sink drain, or the live wires sticking out of the wall!!!!!!! My family was already disgusted with this place but we were thinking whatever, we will never have to stay here again and then we got home. That night we found a bug in our hair. This hotel gave my family LICE!!!!! This is unacceptable, we will be contacting the health department. Hopefully this place will not be able to make anyone else sick very soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Rosecat74
Muhldorf am Inn, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The motel urgently needs renewal. Room was dirty, floor not clean. Carpet was dirty and had holes. Same applies for blanket. We cancelled our further bookings of Rodeway motel. Will not book Rodeway again. Please do not pay in advance and arrive early to be able to check you room. Maybe you will find a cleaner one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Leonhard W
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I'd have a hard time giving this hotel a great endorsement, but it really wasn't bad at all, for the price. I was there for 2 consecutive weeks, My room the first week had broken tiles in the bath that shifted when stepped on. And had an issue with the sink faucet, but it was repaired the same day I reported it. 2nd week the room was much nicer and had no issues at all. Rooms are certainly dated but pretty comfortable. On the plus side - the beds were very comfortable, rooms have fridge and microwave, shower was great, and the hotel was very quiet. Towels were typically small and scratchy. Breakfast was typical - coffee and juice, cereal and bread/muffins. The breakfast area and small lobby were being remodeled during my stay. Hopefully they will continue and update some of the rooms. I would stay there again as long as the price is right.

Room Tip: did not see an elevator and all rooms required steps either up or down, so not sure about handicap i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business