Rodeway Inn Farmington
$85
Hampton.com
$99
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 21, 2011

Took a large group here on a tour. Service was slow and bad; rooms were not made up when we came back the second day; plumbing was messed up on many of our rooms. Rooms were clean when they made the bed. They also tried to overcharge me.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed November 8, 2010

An ok place to stay - the room was very close quarters. It had a refrigerator and a microwave but no alarm clock, coffee pot or hair dryer and did not have very many outlets for us to charge cell phones or use the computer. The breakfast was ok - no fruit.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2010

The first thing that disappointed me was that the advertised price on the sign outside was for $39.99 a night and when I was quoted a price $10 higher I was informed that that was their weekly rate. The hotel is older and drab and shabby. The staff was mostly friendly and accommodating. I felt slightly uneasy as a single traveling woman. The two reasons that I will probably not return are the fact that everything reeks of cigarette smoke. even the bedding of my non smoking room. I had a ground floor room and had people that woke me up at 4:40 in the morning stomping around their room. I am switching hotels for my second night and hope to have a better nights sleep tonight.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2010

Oh my word. I could go on at length about what a disaster this hotel is. All you need to do is read the other reviews posted here and you will be enlightened. There were drunk men cat-calling from the windows to the parking lot (at 3:00 PM mind you) when I arrived. The desk clerk obviously has developmental disabilities, but bless his heart. The hotel is filthy to the core. The parking lot seemed to be filled with abandoned cars. After I saw the condition of the room--hello, health inspector--I ditched the place and stayed up the street. Heck, the place is even next to an adult book store that has a huge billboard overhead that says, "Jesus is Watching You." Tell me I wasn't hallucinating this whole thing. Shut the place down.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank alexanderphd
Reviewed July 25, 2009

We checked in during a high school rodeo, so hotel rooms were at a premium. All the decent hotels were full, so we were left with the Rodeway Inn. The only other choice was to go to the next town, or back to Bloomfield, about 20 miles away. When I checked in, I was told that the only rooms available were 2 smoking rooms, at the opposite end of the hotel. I expected the rooms to smell a little. I turned the vent control on the ancient window a/c unit to fresh and that helped. When we went to get the bags from the car we noticed what we were getting in to. The carpet in the hall was soiled and worn. The stairs were also dirty and the trim on the edge of the stairs was loose in several places. The latch on the door to the parking lot was broken, and looked like it had been for some time. Most hotels lock doors other than the office door after a certain time. This would have been impossible here. I dont see Farmington as a high crime area, but I was only there for one night. When we finally started to settle in, we noticed the general lack of care the hotel has received. The walls needed paint and there were several holes from screws or nails that were never patched. The carpet was dirty and stained in spots. I told my kids to wear sandals in the room. After my Son showered (and complained that water shot out of the cold water valve) it was my turn. I also noticed that the floor tiles were cracked, and it looked like the bathroom had the same attention as the rest of the hotel. There was a towel holder on the wall held up with a rusty screw. It wiggled around like it was about to fall off the wall. After the shower experience, I decided to sit down with my laptop and plan the next days activities. I tried to connect to the 2 available wireless networks. One was Rodeway something or other, and very weak. The other was super8 something and I managed to connect for about 5 minutes. I called down to the desk, and the lady there told me that she had just reset it, and to try it again. I still could not connect so I called down again and she told me I was free to come to the lobby and "play with it". I also complained that the a/c unit would make a squeaking noise and I was afraid that we would not be able to sleep. The manager sent a guy up to look at the a/c. He correctly determined it was not the a/c but the smoke detector. He told my girlfriend that it was beeping because of a low battery. He said that all she needed to do was change it. I guess since the owner will not maintain the building, now they expect the guests to do it? I asked the manager about the internet and he told me that his was working, so it must be my computer. I pointed out that I was using wireless, and he was using a cable connection. Did he think I was that stupid? Then he asked to see my laptop, as if I would let this guy touch my network and security settings. The wireless worked in the lobby. So much for high speed in the room. He asked if I had a cable. I told him I always had a piece of lan cable with me. He said there was a jack in the room. Talk about the long way around. I returned to my room, plugged in and that was it for the evening. The next day, we got up and had breakfast. I have to admit, it was more than I expected. I had coffee. Kids had cereal and toast. We talked to another guest at breakfast who told us that she paid $120.00 for her room. I assume hers was a non smoking room though, I didnt ask. I paid $180.00 for these 2 rooms. I got 2 rooms in better condition in southern NM for less than what these people were charging for one dirty one. I guess they figured they could gouge everyone because the rodeo was in town. We left about 930 local time, and were never so happy to be on the road. The lady at the desk was nice. The guy who looked at the a/c and smoke detector was nice (maybe a little lost though). Use this hotel only if you need to. If you have other options, use them. This place is strictly about making money. They refuse to maintain the hotel, and it shows.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family