New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Farmington Inn

Farmington Inn
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Farmington
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“You Get What You Pay For”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The room was small and the furniture quite worn, but it was not unexpected given the price. I just needed a place to crash for a few hours and needed nothing fancy. I didn't have an opportunity to sample breakfast because I was gone long before breakfast was served. Biggest negative was the pool which was not available. It was a 90 degree day and I could have used a dip after sightseeing. I took a look at the pool and quickly concluded that the pool had been out of use for a long time and given its deteriorated condition, I doubted that it would ever see service again. They should have notified potential customers of the pool situation in their advertising.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this motel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Walter W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bluewater, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed here May 30, 2013. Should have followed my instincts and left as soon as we opened the door and smelled sewer, but we had driven a long way and were tired. Floor was so sticky I never took off my shoes, we sprayed our own disinfectant in the shower, found hair between the sheets so stripped those and used our own. SAD SAD filthy place. Room above us had 2 young kids that were allowed to run around, bouncing balls, I finally called the desk at 930pm to ask if the kids were going to sleep any time soon? Was told she would call them an let them know. Suspect they were family members because there are no phones in the rooms. Remote filthy, TV tiny 1970s. RUN fa fa away

Room Tip: Choose a room at a DIFFERENT hotel!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank Ethel E

Travelers are raving about these Farmington hotels

Radium Hot Springs, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

My wife and I traveled to Farmington late one evening last week. The price at the Travelodge was fine, and we were told it was a clean bright room. The floors were dirty. The bathroom was a serious question, and I was afraid to go barefoot on the carpet. But the worst was yet to show itself. The sheets seemed clean, but the blanket had fresh stains upon it that were very suspect. When we left in the morning, I apologized to my wife for having made her stay there. She said it was OK, we had survived. I think "survived" should not be a good recommendation for a hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple